May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

28 Feb 2023 14:45 - 28 Feb 2023 14:46 #44628 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Funny I think a lot of things seem to look smoother in Oblivion whereas everything's kind of dirty and gritty in Skyrim... But I'm only out of the sewers so far.

Edit: And yes, it's a weekday. But I took the afternoon off for contacts with hospital and family. Then my sis wanted to call the hospital and I haven't heard back from her yet. But dad called me earlier so that's a good sign :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Feb 2023 15:26 #44629 by Charlotte
that said, I think I understand where the potato faced kids in skyrim get their genes from...

28 Feb 2023 17:49 #44630 by Charlotte
Well, I think I definitely prefer skyrim :P
Nt least because Oblivion has crashed twice on me today (no alt+tabbing or other shenanigans involved)

28 Feb 2023 18:07 #44631 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Crashed twice... Oblivion is an apt title then 

28 Feb 2023 18:47 #44633 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Do you have the unofficial patch? :hmm:

28 Feb 2023 19:26 #44635 by Charlotte
I've heard of an unofficial patch for Skyrim (and decided that since GOG only recently made Skyrim available such patches should not be necessary) but not for Oblivion. So.... no. :dry:

02 Mar 2023 22:13 #44665 by Valence
How many sleeping pills does that old guy need? :ohmy:
He certainly won't be able to stay awake through the end of a movie with those.
Not that I've delivered them yet. I couldn't even carry them all. I'm now regretting my decision to get the long-range bike with big batteries instead of cargo space. :shrug:
At least I've built some roads. :)
One of them goes right over my awkward pair of ladders. :lol: Guess I won't be using those again for a while.
I'm now tempted to go back and steal that truck for a third time now that I've got somewhere to drive it. :)

I just hope the MULEs don't start building roadblocks. I bet they will. :unsure:

03 Mar 2023 21:54 #44694 by Valence
Just spent an hour repeatedly failing to complete a tricky mission in WatchDogs. Where the hell are all these snipers coming from?? :shakefist:

I almost succeeded in a rather cheeky way by abandoning sneaking to charge into their base firing bullets everywhere and then... running away. :brb:
They all came out onto the street to chase me so I ran all the way around the entire city block then cut through a gap, over a fence and through a shipping container to get back to their vacated base while they searched for me. Managed to hack two of the generators but the snipers got me. Again!

Quit, methinks. Let's do some side quests instead. :aha:

04 Mar 2023 21:16 #44704 by Valence
Where the hell does Delvin go at night?
Been wandering around the Thieves' Guild trying to find him to get him to give me a fishing job but... :dunno:
Wonder if he sleeps somewhere else?
*snoops around everyone's bedrooms in Riften*
Nope. :)

Guess I'll just have to have a sleep myself and find him in the morning.
And I've had to pick up that statue from my bedroom again. I moved it to the dresser at the foot of my bed and thought I'd done really well positioning it but when I went back inside it wasn't even in the room! :ohmy:
I searched all around and... found it in the basement. :hmm:
Anyway I'm carrying it again for now. And after successfully finding "morning-person" Delvin to get a job, and get another from Vex, I left the guild behind and took the opportunity to do a follower switcheroo to have some adventures with Mjoll.
I rummaged through her inventory to see what weapons I could upgrade for her and was surprised to see that she carries quite a lot of stuff including flawless gems and things. Are you sure you don't like the Thieves' Guild, Mjoll? :paranoid:
I let her keep that sword of hers cos it is a decent one but I gave her a better bow and a Chain Lightning staff in case she likes magic and... she's pretty good with that staff! :woohoo:
Yes, Mjoll, you can definitely tag along when there's a dragon about. :aha:

04 Mar 2023 21:24 #44705 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I left the guild behind and took the opportunity to do a follower switcheroo to have some adventures with Mjoll.

She's had some adventures in her time and has some great stories. Like the time a cutpurse tried to rob her and when she drew her sword he soiled his armour   and the time a cutpurse tried to rob her once and when she drew her sword he soiled his armour   and the time a cutpurse tried to rob her once and when she drew her sword he soiled his armour and the time a cutpurse tried to rob her once and when she drew her sword he soiled his armour   and the time a cutpurse tried to rob her once and when she drew her sword he soiled his armour  and the time a cutpurse tried to rob her once and when she drew her sword he soiled his armour  and the time a cutpurse tried to rob her once and when she drew her sword he soiled his armour