May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

27 Feb 2023 18:42 #44614 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dumb:
what?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Feb 2023 18:43 #44615 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Is that Enderal? :cheer:

27 Feb 2023 18:44 #44616 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Is that Enderal? :cheer:

Erm, it could be 

27 Feb 2023 18:49 #44617 by Charlotte
"If you own or purchase TES V: Skyrim you can delve into the world of Enderal: Forgotten Stories. Nehrim: At Fate's Edge is an total conversion for owners of TES IV: Oblivion."

and Oblivion is 75% off... :hmm:
I'm not sure what they mean by "a total conversion" though. To what? From what? Why? :dumb:

27 Feb 2023 18:51 #44618 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Total conversion would mean a mod that changes the game entirely with different story etc.

27 Feb 2023 19:02 #44619 by Charlotte
hmm but it seemed more like a totally new game that just takes place in the skyrim universe (and presumably using skyrim assets)... Kind of like fan fiction, but for a game. Well, I went and got it, but not installing it yet.

27 Feb 2023 19:03 #44620 by Valence
It's an entirely different game just built with the Skyrim Engine. And it's pretty good, I have it, and as it's free there's no reason not to have it. :)

Shame there's still no standalone Creation Kit for GoG. I thought that's what the announcement was gonna be. :(

27 Feb 2023 19:09 - 27 Feb 2023 19:12 #44621 by Charlotte
I'm not holding my breath for something like that. It's like Steam is monopolising everything to do with mods. But it sure would be nice if they did add it :)

Edit: And I decided to purchase Oblivion as well, as it's only 54 SEK right now (less than £5) but it seems the galaxy has broken down... (I wonder if they're having issues and that's why my game froze and I had to restart the computer - I certainly wasn't alt+tabbing at the time - or if my computer just got sick and tired of playing Skyrim... :dry: )

27 Feb 2023 20:07 #44622 by Charlotte
I decided to kill my first mammoth today. So I got up on a rock and... it wasn't as hard as I feared. But it had two friends I hadn't noticed at all, and they were to the side of the rock where they could just run right up at me :ohmy: Oops. So in the end I killed three mammoths and two giants (and a sabre tooth that I felt was at risk of attacking me if I had to retreat that way). Earlier there was also a dragon, some bandits and stuff... :dry: And fish. Oh I've forgotten to put those lyretails into an aquarium! :woohoo:

28 Feb 2023 13:36 #44627 by Valence
Oblivion is pretty good but I have found it harder to get into than both Morrowind and Skyrim. I still haven't got past the Invincible Sean Bean bit. :)
And you may need some face mods for that, the default heads are very ...erm... lumpy. By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
And the horse controls are complete madness. It's like trying to steer a ferry over bumpy ground. :dry:
The landscapes are still impressive though, even by modern standards. Whenever someone want to make an Internet joke about the poor graphics in a new open world game they always compare them to how good Oblivion looked.