May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

21 Feb 2023 21:28 #44550 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Still not exactly playing the game (or painting...) but just working on decorations. I didn't really get much done today, but the library/lounge and one of the bedrooms are more or less done now, I think, although they still lack clutter and maybe some plants and such... 

and once again I'm up too late, but I guess that's bound to happen when you fall asleep during the day...
:shakefist: @ headache

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2023 19:59 #44565 by Charlotte
Does a housecarl ever enter your home if you haven't made them a follower or a steward? Did I make Rayya a steward at Lakeview? :hmm: She's inside all the time but the new housecarl at Heljarchen hasn't set foot inside as far as I know. Though I think I heard the door slam, earlier :paranoid: 

Oh and did you know dragons leave sooty footprints? :giggle:

Attachments:

24 Feb 2023 15:58 - 24 Feb 2023 16:21 #44572 by Charlotte
:shakefist:
Damn that getting-off-the-horse-bit that takes so long and makes you not even react to the quick-save button. Now I have to start over from my house because my "save" didn't take and my horse went and got itself killed. :stare:

Edit: 
*Leaves house, gets attacked by a skeever instead of a wolf, kills the troll again, returns to ruins and kills the three bandits again, leaving the horse some distance away. Fast travels to the location so that the horse gets there too, rides the horse to the crypt doors (up & down loads of stairs) and drops everything heavy next to it, before entering the crypt.*
:ohmy:
It's "quest-locked" and I can only get into the first room where there isn't even one measly bandit :stare: 

24 Feb 2023 16:20 #44573 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
They all have a death wish, either theirs or someone else's, they don't care as long as someone dies. 

24 Feb 2023 16:22 - 24 Feb 2023 18:44 #44574 by Charlotte
Well it could have waited a couple of seconds and the guy who killed it would have been dead. :dry:
(and I edited my previous post... as usual)

Edit :dry:
Speaking of stupid horses I think the concept of stairs is foreign to Lydia. I've no idea how she managed to get to Dragonsreach to be introduced as my housecarl, in the first place. The concept of floor traps and how to avoid them by not stepping on them repeatedly is also hard to grasp, apparently. As is the concept of personal space. Which brings us back to stairs and how they can actually come in quite handy. :cheer: 

24 Feb 2023 20:55 #44579 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Hurry up, Florence Nightingale!
I'm still faster than you even though I'm carrying Charles Darwin on my back...

Survival of the fittest over-encumbered. :dry:
Despite her slow walking she's still remarkably agile. I was quite surprised when she apparently followed me climbing up the wall of a building and through a high open window. I thought she'd take a different route and come up the stairs like a normal person but when I got up there she was still right there behind me.
Sadly she did glitch out a bit at the end of this story when she got stuck walking in a circle behind a carriage and then inexplicably died only to be resurrected in time for the cut scene. :shrug:
Attachments:

24 Feb 2023 22:05 #44581 by Charlotte
:ohmy: What happened to Darwin!? Please tell me he's just drunk? :dumb:

(and in other news, I did find my housecarl in the house, standing in the spot where he no doubt expected his bed to be... But I haven't furnished the top floor yet and there will only be my bed! The whole top floor is reserved for me :stare: Anyway, I have now set him as owner of a bed, bedside table and a chest. He'll probably never use any of them. But I did catch Rayya sleeping in one of the beds at Lakeview at least.)

24 Feb 2023 23:39 - 24 Feb 2023 23:41 #44582 by Valence

:ohmy: What happened to Darwin!? Please tell me he's just drunk? :dumb:

Warning: Spoiler!

I've seen quite a lot of sleeping from my housecarls/stewards. Brelyna always seems to having a nap when I don't have her as a follower, apart from the time I caught her mining half way up that quarry wall. :dry:

25 Feb 2023 01:05 - 25 Feb 2023 01:06 #44583 by Valence
I stole a vehicle in Death Stranding! :woohoo:
I didn't mean to. Well, I didn't do it accidentally of course, I just didn't plan to steal it.
I didn't plan on a lot of things. In fact, whatever plan I had disappeared when they didn't fall for the decoy cargo. Suddenly there were loads of those fellows pouring out of that truck and chasing me.
I tried to take a difficult path up over a steep hill to drop down and hide behind a rock but they didn't fall for that either. So I pulled out the bola gun and started firing like a maniac. And then kicking like a maniac. All while running like a maniac.
Somehow I inadvertently ended up at the postbox so I raided it for all the lost cargo including extras that weren't part of this order and then ducked through a couple of doorways and... found the truck. Maybe the same truck, maybe another truck. But... a truck!
Should I?
Damn right I should!
Drive!
I haven't seen the tutorial yet and I'm not sure about the controls but just DRIVE!
Like a maniac!

I steered it to the river and jumped out and ran to a bridge that I didn't build and jumped across.
I saw this bridge while attempting to plan out this mission and I initially thought it was completely useless cos you can't cross it from the north as there are loads of rocks at the southern base that are too big to climb. But now I'm reconsidering and wondering if it's absolute genius cos the rocks stop the baddies driving across allowing you to jump down onto that bridge.
I don't know, but I was grateful for it anyway as I heard the big sound of their scanner pinging me again.
Keep running, Sam!
Like a maniac.

So I eventually made it to safety and then started to plan my route to deliver the stolen server. I started strolling the short path due east but there's a wiiide river there and are they building a road there? If so it doesn't look usable for me yet so I'll try and go back to the grumpy man. But can you even get back up that hill from this angle?
I tried going up the west side but I ended up at a steep bit that I couldn't climb and then as I retreated I fell and damaged the cargo. :pout:
*baby crying noises*
I also thought I saw another Distribution Centre way over there in the distance. Too far for me to get to just yet so maybe that's a later order. For now I just need to deliver this thing in the opposite direction. I'm probably gonna have to go through that camp again, aren't I? But I'm not sure how long those gun cables last and that scanner seems to be going off every few seconds as if they're searching for me. Anyway, I saved there so I'll have a think about what to do next.

On a less panicky note I have now seen some other porters. :)
OK, I did panic a bit at first cos I thought they were baddies coming for me but now I know that they're not I like saying Hi and waving at them as they mutter and mumble on their way past. :wave:

25 Feb 2023 10:25 #44584 by Charlotte
Warning: Spoiler!