May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

19 Feb 2023 21:09 #44507 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Apparently that's the Instance ID and not the Base ID.

Duplicate objects will have a different Instance code but the Base code defines what the object actually is.
I did work out earlier that it was a mod that gave me the extra info in my console. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Feb 2023 21:24 #44508 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Yep, what Val said. I've seen people talking about using the ref ID to put copies of those items elsewhere or move them but I haven't been able to get that to work, myself.

and now.... :zzz:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

19 Feb 2023 21:26 #44509 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Ah, I see 

19 Feb 2023 21:40 #44510 by Valence
Meanwhile I've been off to deliver to that old grumpy guy. I went into photo mode to take a nice pic of the big hill I have to climb...

...and then swung the camera round and saw one of those nasty rainbows. :pout:

Hope I don't have to go that way yet cos I ditched some of my grenades in favour of the smokey stuff. :S
It does seem that MULES are a bigger problem at the moment and I saw some more warning signs once I connected the network round here. But at least I have now set down a path and some ladders to get around the first camp safely. :aha:
Attachments:

19 Feb 2023 21:45 #44511 by Banj

that old grumpy guy.

Armin Shimerman   And I wonder if you see my ladder up there across the waterfall in your game 

19 Feb 2023 21:59 #44512 by Valence
Is that who it is?? :ohmy:
I didn't recognise him. Looked a bit too tall if you ask me. :lol:
I have been looking out for any Banj related items but no luck yet. I did leave a few thanks for some other people and their much needed ladders across those little-but-fast-flowing rivers. :)

And back to the Skyrim console, here's what my modded one looks like... 

And this is where my statue currently ends up but you can see it gives both the normal Ref/Instance ID and the different baseID. And when I click on an NPC it also spits out all this guff too...

Attachments:

19 Feb 2023 22:05 #44513 by Banj
I haven't seen anything of yours in the game either as far as I know. I suspect that players don't see everything that other players have placed, but I'm not sure how the game decides what to show and to whom. There's something else far more noticeable that I built in that area, but I don't want to say too much as I don't know where you've been yet.

19 Feb 2023 22:27 #44514 by Valence
I have only just been to the Engineer and I saved immediately after leaving the Elder guy. The third person can wait until tomorrow.
One thing I definitely don't like about this Central area is the framerate. :P
Maybe it's because there's a lot of flat areas with a bigger draw distance but it's noticeably chuggier round here. I was quite glad to get to a bit of hill climbing where it was a bit more stable.

I suspect that it will be highly improbable for two random people to find their stuff given that it's pulling a small number of things from a pool of thousands of possible players, and you wouldn't want it spawning every possible structure that people are building. I'm already a bit annoyed that there are three bridges almost side by side outside the eastern Distribution Centre in my game. I really should dismantle some of them. I know it only removes them from your own game but it does still feel a bit rude to do it. :dumb:

19 Feb 2023 22:35 #44515 by Banj
People build bridges in some really dumb places 

20 Feb 2023 15:25 #44523 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Not being able to sleep last night, I was considering how to divide my "Kitchen extension" into a kitchen and a bathroom. I settled on trying out the non-collidable walls you can find by typing "help wall". Turns out all of them had windows, OR they were huge and not non-collidable at all (which could have been a good thing, but instead...), they were pick-up-able. :stare: 

Well, I decided to use walls with windows and try to hide the windows behind furniture. I had to put furniture against the wall anyhow, since otherwise I might walk right through it and we can't have that, now, can we? :dry: It all worked fairly well, I think. I had to place two on top of each other and about a quarter of them are "outside the house" but since the outside and inside are two different cells, it doesn't matter. 

Then came the fireplace. I tried all the codes Val supplied. The only one with a solid back is the one used in the hearthfire homes - and that would have been nice as it would have hidden the windows on the bathroom side of the wall, too. But, alas, it's adapted for the specific spot it's in which means the upper part of the chimney is a different shape than the lower part and that looked ridiculous. So I went with one of the others, and I think it worked out fairly well. Had to do a lot of codes testing to find an empty spit that wasn't too narrow for the fireplace - and found one that worked well when I shrank it some. Though I had to put it "backwards" as it had a small handle or something floating in mid air to one side. Now that is just a tiny thing looking like it's lodged in the wall next to the fireplace... I think I can live with that... 

But can I live with the salmon? I decided to use the hearthfire racks for that side of the Kitchen extension (I don't want any salmon in my bathroom :stare: ) but now I keep running into it and it smacks me over the head every time. I'll see if I will end up putting a table below it, otherwise it'll probably have to go. 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments: