May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

26 Feb 2023 00:23 - 26 Feb 2023 00:26 #44592 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I decided to go back and steal that truck again. :stare:
I could still see it from my Watchtower in the same position that I'd left it and, although all the baddies were now up and wandering about once more, the truck was very close to the limits of their scanner so....
I retreated to other chap's base, put my important cargo in the private locker and then went a-sneaking knowing that I wouldn't get pinged on their scanner if I wasn't carrying. And I got it!

And with all these useful wheels at my disposal I got all my goodies back, loaded it up and set off driving and-

Two minutes later I'm back on foot again.

They spotted me from miles away and now I'm blurrily hiding behind this rock so that the yellow guys can't find me and the important thing on my back.
It was a bad idea. There isn't really enough space over this terrain to put your foot down and accelerate away so we're back to walking again. Thankfully this time I did find a decent climbing path to get back to the old guy and after delivering some lost items for him I started to make my descent down the other side and saw some friendlies.
:wave:

I do have some lost cargo for a new person that I haven't found yet but I'm reluctant to go searching at the moment as I don't have any grenades if there are any creepies around thanks to the old guy not wanting to fabricate stuff. So a stop at the Engineer's place is next. :aha:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Feb 2023 10:19 #44596 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
How can they not see that tower of things on your back when you're hiding behind rocks? :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

26 Feb 2023 12:24 #44597 by Valence
I was too blurry for them. :paranoid:
They should go into settings and turn off Depth Of Field, then they'd spot me. :lol:
They were actually much further away than Photo Mode implies. I had to use a long lens to get a decent shot of them.

And I couldn't find Banj's ladder at the waterfall. :nope:
In my game there was a big bridge there and a nice view.
Everyone builds bridges. And yet no one seems to build Watchtowers at the baddie camps. I always have to build my own to spy on them. :pout:

26 Feb 2023 13:09 #44598 by Charlotte
Maybe the game chooses to not portray things it thinks you should have to do on your own... dry:
And when I say the game, I mean the creators of the game. Probably. :paranoid:

26 Feb 2023 14:20 #44599 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

How can they not see that tower of things on your back when you're hiding behind rocks? :dry:

They can if you have enough stuff loaded on your back.

26 Feb 2023 16:33 #44600 by Charlotte
:dry: and that wasn't enough? By the looks of it, Val should be falling over backward while walking...

Meanwhile I'm waiting for a giant to slowly walk away so the dragon attacking it flies away so I can fast travel on my over encumbered horse...

26 Feb 2023 16:38 #44601 by Banj
I bet he's carrying less than you are usually carrying in Skyrim 

26 Feb 2023 17:02 #44602 by Charlotte
:stare:
Well, I'll have you know that today I ate a huge amount of my carried food to heal myself and now that I think about it I had to try three times to kill that thing so maybe.... I ate it the first two and not the third. :dumb:

26 Feb 2023 20:59 #44604 by Valence

I do have some lost cargo for a new person that I haven't found yet...

Yeah, that looks a bit ominous actually. :dry:
And I only crafted two sets of grenades so maybe I'll save this one for later too. :brb:

Onwards to other stuff. Like... 
So the pizza has to be kept flat? :hmm:

27 Feb 2023 18:07 #44613 by Banj
There's a free thingamy on GoG for owners of Skyrim which does stuff and things available for exactly someodd hours to stick in your basket and buy for nothing as long as you own Skyrim on GoG and not somewhere else for free and stuff.