May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

04 Mar 2023 21:39 #44706 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Mar 2023 22:47 #44715 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
There's another MULE camp! :ohmy:
I thought this was gonna be another quick collect-the-thing-from-over-yonder thing but... there's another camp. :S

But it was good fun with the level two bola gun. :)
Lots of sneaking, hiding behind rocks and then just popping out for a quick shoot-then-kick, gotta add in that extra kick while they're down. :aha:
Unfortunately one of them did spot me before I got to the postbox and and set off the alarm so I grabbed ALL the goodies and... stole another truck for the getaway! :woohoo:

Admittedly, this particular truck isn't that great or that fast but at least I can now drive away without getting stuck or having to worry about the deep waters.  :cheer:

Oh. :facepalm:

After much reversing, accelerating, reversing, boosting and bouncing the suspension I did eventually get it out and drove it to the nearest safehouse only to find that it wouldn't go in the garage. :(

Guess I'll just have to park it next to a nearby generator and let it rot in the naughty rain.
But at least it'll give me the chance to load and shift a large amount of ceramics to extend these roads.
Attachments:

06 Mar 2023 21:06 #44727 by Valence
Come on let's load up the old wreck and see if it's fast enough to get past the MULEs...

Barely, is the answer. Barely.
This was actually my second trip. I wanted to do one big journey to collect a load from Lake Knot City, and pick up some more from the Engineer and then store it at the lovely safehouse near the Craftsman (big thanks to whoever built that :thumbup:) but... the MULEs didn't chuck their little electric javelins at me so I though I was safe but when I turned off the road to go to the Engineer's I noticed they were still chasing after me even though I wasn't within their camp any more. :argh:
Can't park here with my goodies. Quick. Turn and... Uh-oh, I can't get over that bridge back to the road now, they're too close. Let's go cross country through some rocks and wasteland! :unsure:
Haven't been that way before and there's a big crack/crevice there! Not as big as the creepy one further south which I've still avoided but even so, that was a surprise when you're trying to escape. I didn't even notice it until I was looking over the side of the bridge that I didn't know I needed. And a big thank you to whoever built that too. :dumb:

Anyway I have now stored about 4000 Metal and nearly 2000 Ceramics to build a bit more road. Don't know which direction to choose. There are two pavers that I could use it on. Probably the South one. That mountainy bit looks sinister to me even though there is a sign requesting help to build that way. :shrug:
Attachments:

07 Mar 2023 23:48 #44741 by Valence
So that's another 1000 ceramics and I can just about fit through the door. :unsure:

Just don't jump, Sam. :dry:
I think I can probably finish that south road easily now and have plenty to spare to make a start on the north west turn.
Oh, and...
Warning: Spoiler!
Attachments:

08 Mar 2023 11:54 #44744 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

So that's another 1000 ceramics and I can just about fit through the door. :unsure:

I have walked through a door and knocked a load of stuff off my back all over the floor before  I started crouching through doors with tall loads after that 

And... 

09 Mar 2023 00:01 #44757 by Valence
There's another camp?? :ohmy:

Glad I didn't go that way last week when I picked up that other guy's lost goodies. :dry:

No matter now, I'm still not going that way yet but I've built the road all the way to the Distribution Centre and am now on foot again enjoying the climb to the old chap. It's a much nicer journey from that south side. :)
I even stopped to have a rest at a nice-looking spot and played with baby for a bit. :aha:
And now I seem to be doing Amazon Prime deliveries too for extra Likes. :lol:

10 Mar 2023 12:32 #44770 by Charlotte
One of my coworkers asked today, if I had killed Alduin yet. I admitted that I hadn't and he asked if I'd cooked for the emperor. Uh, no. He explained that it was part of a dark brotherhood quest. I admitted to killing the dark brotherhood folks.... my co-workers (at least the two who also play Skyrim) were horrified. :blink:

Also, I wasn't aware there was an emperor. Or was I? :dumb: I can't recall. The king was killed, right? And there are imperial troops. :hmm: But I can't remember who the emperor is, only that crazy old one who was dead.

10 Mar 2023 12:43 #44771 by Banj
 You killed my brothers! To be honest I wish I had killed them too, the assassination quests after the aforementioned cooking session become extremely boring and repetitive. Still haven't done the Alduin stuff yet even though I have learned the Doh Ray Me stuff.

10 Mar 2023 13:46 #44772 by Charlotte
Isn't the alduin stuff supposed to come last? Kind of... :dumb: I'm in no rush with all that dragonborn stuff anyway... :P Though I am starting to feel I should get my (character's) bum over to Solstheim again.

10 Mar 2023 13:53 #44773 by Banj
I don't know if it's supposed to come last, I could go and do it right now if I wanted but I decided to leave it in case it was the endish of everything.