May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

05 May 2024 15:08 #50142 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
You probably have too many potions. :confident:

After finishing The Cat Game I still have that desire to run and jump around like a carefree animal. :lol: So I've been having a go on that old Epic Freebie Spirit Of The North to try some fox related antics.

The first tutorial level is rather linear but it IS just the tutorial so it may open up a bit more later. And yes, you can press a button to make a barking noise and wag your floofy tail. :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 May 2024 16:03 #50143 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I probably do have too many potions... Though I try to get rid of the ones my character wouldn't use, regularly.
Anyway, this place had an enchanting table to I went there, disenchanted some stuff and enchanted some other, including giving myself a bit extra carry weight. Then I went back and picked up a few of the things I dropped earlier :dry:

And then I went to Bruma, sold what I could and returned to my cottage in Skyrim, stored what I could and now I need to get to Whiterun or somewhere and sell the rest. Bruma don't have the extra merchants that another of my mods add... so nobody has enough money to buy all the loot...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 May 2024 21:37 #50146 by Valence
...Spirit Of The North really makes you appreciate the quality of the animation in Stray. :dry:

06 May 2024 13:29 - 06 May 2024 15:20 #50149 by Charlotte
I don't think I like necromancers :pout:

Edit: And I definitely do not like necromancers who, when you defeat them, don't actually die but do a whole lot of talking and then ask you to finish it, and when you try to, they're suddenly on their second health bar and putting up a fight (and kill you). :stare: 

I don't have enough healing potions to fight 1 necro and 2 zombies at once. More :pout:

06 May 2024 15:43 - 06 May 2024 17:05 #50150 by Charlotte
Something weird is going on. I decided to lower the difficulty for the necro fight, but when I opened settings it was already on "Novice" (which I didn't set it to). I left it at novice and now it's suddenly much harder? She has more powerful attacks and four zombies instead of two. :stare:

I am now up to three deaths at her and the zombies' hands. I think I need a break.

Edit: If I try to change the difficulty settings they keep reverting to Novice, as well. Not sure if that's how the Bruma mod scales with the adventurer and I'm really just "too young" to be there yet... :shrug: 
It would suck to have cleared the whole place and have to leave with one measly necromancer to go, though. Even if she's not measly and have many zombies. :dry: 

06 May 2024 18:12 #50151 by Charlotte
Seems the difficulty thing is related to later version of Skyrim SE and the SkyUI mod. I think my brain is too tired to figure out what I should bother doing about it. One of the pages says it's due to version 1.6.1130 messing things up, but I have 1.6.1179 or something so I dunno if that's even still the issue...

I think I need to go to bed. Is 8 pm too early for sleeping? :sleepy:

07 May 2024 19:56 #50160 by Valence
I have levelled up. :cheer:
I have access to more materials and equipment. :cheer:
I need to buy more bank space to store it. :cry:

And I only paid for more inventory slots the other day. That's over 60,000 gold I've spent on "storage" in the past few days.
I guess it'll be a few more months before I get to be a millionaire. :dry:

08 May 2024 22:51 #50167 by Valence
Enough assassinating for one day. Let's spend some time watching the rain with a cat. :aha:

It's OK, little friend. There are no zurks here. ;)
Attachments:

09 May 2024 16:52 #50169 by Charlotte
:shakefist:
dang horsies!

The other day I rode a horse back into the stable at a farm where I had helped so it wasn't stealing and the horse was standing weirdly on an almost vertical rock face... After that, the horse appeared wherever I fast travelled, as if it was mine. Even into Skyrim when I crossed the border.

Today that horse was nowhere to be found. So I figured it had returned to it's stable and went there to borrow it because uhm... I was over encumbered. I should probably get myself to that steed stone again... Anyway, the horse wasn't there so I borrowed its friend, went to the place where I dropped the loot, came back out and the dang horse was gone. Dropped the loot again and went to the stable outside of Bruma to buy a reliable horse. And there was the borrowed one, though it was already headed home. Again. The stable master said one horse was missing and they'd reward me handsomely if I found it so I figured maybe a free horse? Or at least a decent discount? So I found the horse, got ambushed by thieves, killed the thieves and had to steal the horse to return it. :huh: Back at the stable I was rewarded 500 gold and the woman said she'd get the horse as soon as she could :facepalm: (It was in her stable at this point - oh and the borrowed horse was there too. On its way home. Again.)

Well, I bought a horse and it was 3000 instead of the usual 1000 but OK, I'll just pick up ALL the loot (I was already over encumbered again...) and go back home to Skyrim to drop it off. I fast travel to Skyrim and then try to fast travel home but you can't do that when you're over encum.... hey! Where's the horse??? Apparently it stayed in Cyrodiil. :pout: So I had to slowly walk to a nearby hiding place and get rid of all the extra weight so I can fast travel inside Skyrim and buy a second horse. Although I guess it's possible the horse will appear once I do fast travel. I should perhaps try that first. :hmm:

And the expensive one better be waiting nicely on the other side of the border! :stare:

09 May 2024 17:19 #50170 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
What you need is a magic horse that you can conjure up any time you need a horse for something