May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

04 May 2024 11:21 #50128 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Bruma is kind of fun and kind of exasperating... There are lot of new items (furniture, clothes, drinks, food, plants etc) but I think the people who made it likes really labyrinthine dungeons. I feel like I am completely lost all the time. Also, I visited a fort (kind of funny how you can run around military outposts with no-one even asking if you have permission to be there...) and there was soooo much possible loot. But I'm a good girl, or at least my bosmer is :dry: So no stealing. Mostly.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2024 11:57 #50129 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Isn't Bruma a city in Oblivion? :dumb:
Yes, I know it is cos arriving there was the point I started to really enjoy Oblivion after the awkward start with invincible Sean Bean and the tricky oblivion gates. :aha:

So I'm assuming this is another mod? :hmm:

Meanwhile in ESO I collected my free home and it's surprisingly large even if most of it is open exterior with the interior being a kind of underground cave. And even though it doesn't have storage it does have loads of lights and plants which I could move around elsewhere if I wanted.
Oh, and I met the requirements for one of the free houseguests too so I put her at the bottom of some steps. :)

04 May 2024 12:44 #50130 by Charlotte
It's a city in Cyrodiil - and an expansion mod in Skyrim. It has the tan vases and cups and stuff from Oblivion :P
And rats, goblins, ogres...
I visited an inn and had this weird feeling of deja vu until I realised it looked just like that first inn outside the city where you start your journey in Oblivion. :dumb:

04 May 2024 16:50 - 04 May 2024 16:51 #50135 by Charlotte
Oops. Maybe it was good that I got killed when I did - I've completely forgotten to fetch my laundry...

Edit, oh uh... and "the city" you started Oblivion in, WAS Bruma, wasn't it? :dumb: I couldn't remember the name of it... 

04 May 2024 17:38 #50136 by Valence
You start by coming out of the sewers after Patrick Stewart dies. I then went to the Imperial City for a while and then followed quest markers to the priory. After that I ended up at Kvatch which I probably should have saved for later. For me visiting Bruma came after I delivered invincible Sean Bean to the Temple to join the Blades.

04 May 2024 18:40 #50137 by Charlotte
Well, I could see that tall tower building when I was heading towards Bruma but now that I am here it seems to be nearby somewhere...

04 May 2024 18:47 #50138 by Valence
The Imperial City has a really big tower at the centre and is structured like a circular maze. I often get lost there. :)

04 May 2024 18:50 #50139 by Charlotte
Well, I guess the Imperial city and Bruma are situated very close together, in this mod, anyway.... :dry:

04 May 2024 19:27 #50140 by Charlotte
:blink:
There's a khajiit thief in Bruma who tried to break into the trader's. I snuck up behind him and stole his only lockpick. :giggle: Not sure if the game cares but after fiddling with the lock for a bit he did leave. A guard was walking by while he crouched outside the door (3 am or so) and didn't bat an eye, just kept walking.

05 May 2024 11:55 - 05 May 2024 14:54 #50141 by Charlotte
I just encountered a bit of an issue with the Bruma mod. I fought my way through a temple full of Namira worshippers, got to the end, and realised I still hadn't found the item I came there for. Following the marker to where it was supposed to be I realised why I missed it. That particular loot chest is invisible. I can see the interaction button but nothing happens when I press it (which is even more annoying than the chest being invisible). I looked it up on Nexus and yes it's a known bug which will be addressed in an update. No idea when, though, and I'm not too keen on the dungeon respawning and me having to fight my way through all of it again... :pout:

I could probably get the quest item through console, but... I dunno. I think I have to nap on it. :sleepy:

Edit: I decided to get the quest item through console, started up the game again and.... the chest was there. :dumb: 
Well, back to Bruma to sell all my loot before I'm over encumbered and have to drop stuff (again...) :aha: 

Edit 2: Oops, too late :blush: 
30 "kg" huh? How am I going to be able to drop that much? :cry: