April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

18 Jul 2016 14:29 #14150 by Banj
Gaming was created by Banj
Charlotte mentioned she has been obsessively playing Tribez like an obsessed person, and Kazky mentioned she is playing Neverending Nightmares. So I thought maybe we should have a nifty public discussion thread about games that people may be playing, looking forward to, once played and liked, etc and so on.

Here it is right here. :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jul 2016 14:37 #14152 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
ooh a gaming thread! wheeeee!

So yeah i've just started Neverending Nightmares, which is very unnerving! I've actually got a few games on the go as i get stuck and jump to the next game when it gets tough, I have no staying power :D

i'm also playing Kings Quest, replaying Monkey Island, Soma, Her Story and Zelda on the Wii U.

many games, i'm hoping VR will make a big impact this year too.

18 Jul 2016 14:49 #14155 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I haven't played it, but I did watch a playthrough of SOMA. I didn't think it worked very well as a horror game, but the story concept was very interesting.

Last game I think I bought was Alien: Isolation.

18 Jul 2016 15:31 #14157 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
and I'm playing Tribez. Yeah. Basically it's a bunch of fat little men who run around building things and if you don't have enough for them to do, they eat all your food. But they adore me, so it's all good.

Before Tribez it was Townsmen. Similar idea (build things, keep 'em happy). Both games are for mobiles and pads/tablets but I've installed them on my computer because I don't like playing on my phone...

I also still play Guild Wars 2 every now and then, but I'm still hoping the Heart of Thorns extension will be on sale eventually...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

18 Jul 2016 20:43 - 18 Jul 2016 20:45 #14165 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
*Blows dust off 1st gen XBOX with a dodgy drive tray*

Erm... Does Scrabble count? :unsure:
Minesweeper? :?

19 Jul 2016 09:57 - 19 Jul 2016 10:29 #14173 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Is your XBox for free range or battery X? :whistle:

Scrabble and minesweeper are games, so they count. I haven't played scrabble for many years in any variety, last time was probably on my Amiga, not even a tabletop version.

19 Jul 2016 10:19 #14174 by Charlotte
I enjoy Minesweeper every now and then, though it's been quite a while...

Free range Xbox? :?

21 Jul 2016 14:52 #14199 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Gaming
As I mentioned in a recent post I'm currently playing an absolute ton of DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online). Its now over 10 years old and the graphics are wanting to say the least but the reason I keep coming back to it (over the past 7 years) is the amazing variation in character builds available. I played the p&p version on my lunch hours at school and over weekends with a few mates every now and then so there is a certain nostalgia involved - but there is very little in the gaming world for me that is more satisfying than picking up a good group and running a few quests on elite difficulty. Sure some of the recent updates have meant the power creep in the game is getting out of hand but that character generation just keeps me wanting more.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

21 Jul 2016 15:43 #14202 by Thomgirl
Replied by Thomgirl on topic Gaming
For me it's mainly Neverwinter. The game allows you to build your own quests/dungeons/zones so it's phenomenal for personalized content if you're into world building. In addition to that it's a really good F2P model and has a lot of love I feel put into the rest of the game.

I play a fair amount of Heroes of the Storm with my gaming friends too since it makes a good common ground game for all of us to enjoy together and Starcraft when I feel like beating my head against a wall with my husband ;)

21 Jul 2016 18:52 - 21 Jul 2016 18:55 #14203 by Charlotte
Hey Thomgirl, good to see you back! :)
That Neverwinter sounds interesting... *should probably stay away*

I seem to be spending most of my vacation playing games :P

and speaking of what I was speaking of before, that is, how I was waiting for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns to be available at a discount - it now is! And I almost missed it! *gasp* (I only saw the ad on a page about the Tribez game lol)

Anyway, Heart of Thorns is 50% off between July 20th and 27th!
I'm off to buy it now!!! wheeee! :woohoo: