July challenge - Mech Fauna

Deadline for entry:

June challenge VOTE OPEN!

Gaming

18 May 2024 19:51 #50272 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I think there's a mod that stops people saying "Stupid dog." :)

Anyway... I don't care what anyone else says, I think we should go this way. :aha:

And this time Cassandra slightly disapproves.
I suppose that's an improvement. :dry:

I'm still not sure about which kind of character to continue with. The ones you create don't look quite as good as the NPCs in the cut scenes and I keep wanting to go back and tweak the nose and hair and then restart. :lol:
And I sort of want to play as the race with the big horns but Internet says human is best for beginners due to the extra skill point and elf is better for story reasons. :dunno:
I'm sure I'll make a decision eventually.
And no doubt Cassandra will disapprove. :pout:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 May 2024 20:05 - 18 May 2024 20:06 #50273 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I think there is such a mod, yes. That's why the comment from the guard made me giggle. The poor thing had literally just arrived.

Edit: And by poor thing I mean the dog, not the guard. :dumb: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

18 May 2024 20:18 #50274 by Valence
After a bit of googling it seems that there's a mirror where you can change your appearance later on in Dragon Age. So that solves that problem. :)

And it seems there are mods for that game too. Should I have a search on Nexusmods? Should I? :evil:

18 May 2024 20:25 #50275 by Charlotte
I looked briefly, but it's hard to know what kind of mod one wants before having played the game :P

and I have one of those mirrors in Skyrim :dry:

19 May 2024 12:00 #50276 by Valence

19 May 2024 12:29 #50277 by Charlotte
Definitely not.
I have replayed the same characters in Guild wars several times because I haven't been entirely happy with their looks (and too scroogy to buy the thingies that allow you to change their appearance). I now have two characters on my current setup of Skyrim and the Bosmer always looks angry while the Redguard is a bit too dark... I wanted her really, really dark but since Skyrim is fairly poorly lit most of the time, she's just two eyes in darkness basically :P And I managed to mess up racemenu somehow, so I can't make some changes. I could make the redguard lighter skinned, but I can't change the bosmer to look like she smiles :dry:

19 May 2024 13:40 #50278 by Valence
I think there are two issues with this one. First is that the lighting in the creation process is wildly different from the exterior landscapes (this was also a problem with Oblivion. It took me ages of messing with racemenu in the console to fix those skin tones!) And secondly there's the facial expressions. The rigging seems to suit certain proportions over others. Once they start smiling or frowning in the cut scenes that nose suddenly looks like you've placed it way too high. :lol:
Apparently the special mirror has better lighting so I may persevere with a character up to that point to see how it works.

19 May 2024 19:53 #50279 by Valence
Some weirdos were having a nude party in Davon's Watch tonight. :S

They were playing their own music and dancing and having unarmed face-punching duels.
I just carried on walking past to do my crafting. :dry:
Attachments:

19 May 2024 21:25 - 19 May 2024 21:30 #50280 by Valence
I have now completed the prologue in Dragon Age with my Elf archer woman character with the slightly misplaced nose and I was rewarded with a load of outfits including this nice floaty coat...

And I looted a few other things as well. Not sure how this game deals with over-encumbrance yet but I'm sure I'll get to the point where I find out. Sooner rather than later. :dry:

And then Cassandra "slightly approved" of something I said!! :woohoo: :excited:
Look, she's almost smiling there in the middle. Almost.

I think I'm now at the point where I get to do what I want instead of doing as I'm told so I feel a bit of exploration may ensue.
Now where's this mirror thing? :hmm:

EDIT: Oh, and I have downloaded the Frosty Mod manager. :argh:
Haven't even unzipped it yet but the first tentative steps have been made.
Attachments:

19 May 2024 22:20 #50281 by Charlotte
Ah so Frosty is a mod manager. I saw it mentioned when I looked at mods, but didn't understand if it was another mod or what. :dumb: