May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

18 Mar 2023 00:04 #44876 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
The Horizon Holograms in Death Stranding are good fun, I quite enjoy waving to Aloy and the little dino thingy as I get to the Craftsman, but after successfully completing another road I'm afraid this one scared me half to death when it appeared and started walking to me...

I panicked and was ready for a big boss battle until I realised what it was. :lol:

And I now have the floaty things! :excited:

Yes, of course I tried riding it and... it didn't go well. :oops:
Thankfully no cargo was damaged. :paranoid:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2023 20:24 #44879 by Valence
After failing to place my stolen Dibella statue in Honeyside and Breezehome I thought I'd make one last attempt back at Lakeview.
And once again I couldn't get it to fit on the bedside table. :eyeroll:
So I guess I'll just have to carry it forever. Let's pick it up off the floor then...
At this point my steward Brelyna wakes up, pops her head round the door and shouts, "Hey, put that back!"
She's now given me a 50 gold bounty for Winterhold. :S

Guess I'll have to be more careful with "certain items" when I'm in my own home. :dry:

Anyway, back off to Solitude now for some jobs and after that I may visit Morthal for the first time. :)

18 Mar 2023 21:54 #44880 by Valence
...yes, please continue looking the other way as I pick your pocket from the shadows. :evil:

Notice in the distance between the pillars how I made Mjoll wait and face the other way too cos I know she doesn't like thieves. :)

Also, unrelated to this, I find it mildly annoying when a quest finishes by leaving you stranded on a high mountain ledge with no way down and no way back. I've just had to use fast travel on the map for only the third time and I don't like it. :pout:
Attachments:

18 Mar 2023 22:16 #44882 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
So that's not Mjoll watching you there, in the background then? I only see one person in armour and it seems that should be her... :dry: And she's watching.

And I didn't know your own stewards could put out bounties on you!? :ohmy:
Good thing I don't usually handle stolen goods at home much. I mean, if I want to use some stolen garlic or something for decoration purposes I DO use the console to change the ownership. It's not like the owner will ever pop by and reclaim it, after all... :dry: And I didn't steal my Dibella statue. :confident:

Also, Morthal, for the first time. :eek:

And I'm not sure I have ever been stranded on a ledge with no way back? :hmm: Usually one can backtrack through the whole whatever place one came from, or climb/jump down the cliff face because there are almost always protruding bits of rocks/cliff face enough to at least slow your descent enough so the fall won't kill you... But I guess I might have forgotten one or two places. Maybe. Or three. :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

18 Mar 2023 23:05 - 18 Mar 2023 23:15 #44883 by Valence
Arissa on the left was watching (she is a thief too and usually likes it when I steal things. Her regard for me goes up for things like that but she strangely disapproves when I intimidate people) but Mjoll on the right was definitely not watching.

I also made sure to do a quick change out of my Thieves Guild clothes before returning to her.

And my fast travel quest was...

Warning: Spoiler!
Attachments:

19 Mar 2023 08:33 #44885 by Charlotte
I remember finishing the wolf queen quests but not really whether I ended up on a ledge or not :dumb:

20 Mar 2023 00:17 #44886 by Valence
I finally got to a point in Rise Of The Tomb Raider that allows you to travel back to earlier areas to complete tombs/side-quests (my biggest criticism of this game is the way that it mostly compels you to just follow the single main quest, either directly of indirectly) so after retreating I wandered around some long forgotten locations to tie up some loose ends and pick up some nice loot. But as I explored those familiar areas it seemed to trigger parts of the main story I'd already done and baddies that I'd killed months ago suddenly came back to life to attack me again. :unsure:
It was all a bit awkward. :dry:

I have killed them again now so let's hope they stay dead this time. :)
There are still some places I can't get to for reasons I don't understand and I also need to work out how to use these mine carts to stop a waterfall in a certain tomb. :hmm:
Also I'm not sure if I should start the Baba Yaga quest while I'm in the area again or save that for later. :shrug:

20 Mar 2023 14:36 #44887 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Notice in the distance between the pillars how I made Mjoll wait and face the other way too cos I know she doesn't like thieves. :)

She never seemed too bothered by them when we were walking around their hideout talking to them and doing jobs for them  she always seemed quite jovial and told some great stories to them while I was attempting to do thieving business deals, like the time a cutpurse tried to rob her once and... 

20 Mar 2023 14:42 #44888 by Charlotte
:giggle:

20 Mar 2023 14:52 #44889 by Valence
When I first talked to her I said the wrong thing about Thieves Guild and she immediately didn't like me. It took so long to get her to change her mind that I'm not gonna take any unnecessary risks now. :stare: