May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

27 Mar 2023 12:20 #44934 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
This is the second (maybe third? :hmm:) time they've started hitting each other and it all starts with Arissa getting in the way of a Chain Lightning attack. I don't know if this is a quirk of the weapon itself or if it's because of Mjoll's aiming skills because I never had this trouble with Brelyna and her fireball staff.
I may just give her an Ebony bow instead and see if that helps.

I have been thinking about installing something else over the past few days to add to the numerous list of games I juggle between. Either Lords Of The Fallen or Mortal Shell perhaps. They're both similar types of game and part of me wants to have another go at that difficult dodge-rolling swordy stuff even though I always end up complaining about it. :dumb:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Mar 2023 12:49 #44936 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
My orc tried his brand new Fus on Avenicci or whatsit when he was whining about why the greybeards would want anything to do with him. Unfortunately that led to him being attacked by everyone in the palace... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

27 Mar 2023 17:55 #44940 by Charlotte
Oh now I remembered what I wanted to ask before continuing my game with my bosmer... If she goes away on Nightingale stuff, should she stayed dressed as a nightingale, or use her (better) glass armour?

Also, my khajit got a pair of boots that let's her carry much more, from the jarl of Whiterun. I'm sure my other characters didn't... :dry: Well, I'm not going to disenhant them until she can capture grand souls...

27 Mar 2023 18:19 #44941 by Valence
Haven't finished the Nightingale stuff yet. :dunno:

27 Mar 2023 18:22 - 27 Mar 2023 18:24 #44942 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
All they've ever given me were crappy weapons 

EDIT - And Nightingale stuff I just used my armour except for when I was forced to wear theirs for the induction ceremony part as far as I recall.

27 Mar 2023 19:13 #44943 by Valence

I have been thinking about installing something else over the past few days...
 ...Lords Of The Fallen...
...to have another go at that difficult dodge-rolling swordy stuff...
even though I always end up complaining about it.

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
:pout:

Why do I do this to myself?

27 Mar 2023 19:36 #44944 by Charlotte
:giggle:

Thanks Banj. I'll probably do the same, then. 

But meanwhile I kept playing as my khajit who's now cleared out emerald mine and is trying to make enough gold to buy that house in Whiterun. She got a horse first, though, to help with hauling loot. (Needed, since she's not bothered to bring Lydia along.) I was considering that the orc would skip the houses altogether. They just don't seem very orcish to me. But maybe I'll change my mind once I've seen more orcish stuff. 

Anyway, for now, she set up a tent and sleeping bag at the guards' spot outside Riverwood. It's right where you go when you fast travel and there's already sleeping and cooking possibilities so I don't feel like I'm cheating too much by placing a tent and a knapsack. The knapsack did happen to come with 4 lockpicks and something else. A book, maybe? I didn't pay much attention, I just stuffed things into it that I wanted to save for later. I mean, she did. :paranoid:

Attachments:

27 Mar 2023 19:52 #44945 by Charlotte
Embershard Mine :stare:

27 Mar 2023 20:37 #44946 by Valence
I don't have the tent/camping/survival thing. :(
Of course there are mods I could install but I don't want to completely change the game I'm currently playing and if I started another one just for that I think I'd have to keep uninstalling and re-installing the mods so that the two different saves don't break. :shrug:

But over in Witcher land...
 :cheer:

I've got it at last!! :woohoo:

And then I travelled back to Velen for a side quest that went a bit wrong as I obediently followed the quest marker and got stuck at the bottom of a lake fighting off a literally infinite supply of spawning drowners when in reality the "important" thing I was looking for wasn't here at all and instead was way over yonder outside the range of the marker. :eyeroll:
Attachments:

28 Mar 2023 06:01 #44948 by Charlotte
Well Survival mode is an anniversary thing I think - it means you can carry half as much, start getting warnings about being "peckish" only a few minutes after you last ate, cold as soon as you try to go anywhere slightly snowy (i.e. most of Skyrim) and tired if you don't nap often enough. When I went through Bleak Falls Barrow, I slept at the bandits' camp at the entrance and by the time I reached the final area, I had to run back all the way to sleep some more. :eyeroll:

The tent/camping is a console thing :)