May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

31 Mar 2023 19:11 #45025 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Humans should not be allowed less than 20 fingers :stare:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Mar 2023 20:54 #45026 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Kat's Alchemy and Enchanting nook:  

Yes I named my Khajit Kat :stare: It's not like I actually intended to play her, originally. I created her just to play with the race and console commands... but then there was that lack of Internet last weekend and I decided to play her, too... 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

01 Apr 2023 00:44 #45028 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Are they functional Alchemy/Enchanty things?
Looks like a nice little place to do all your magical shenanigans. :)

I returned to Death Stranding this evening and successfully found my way to The Collector. That was a tricky one to locate with the massive crevice and the Mules snooping around above. I thought it was gonna act like a big trap for me once the scanner went off so I hid for a moment in some long grass and then panicked, changed my mind and ran for it. :brb:

01 Apr 2023 08:16 #45029 by Charlotte
Yep, they're functional - though the "animation" (pose) when using them is the same as for the big tables so it looks a bit odd. Not that that's what you focus on when you actually use them :P

Now I just have to decide how to furnish the rest of the place. And how to get Lydia out of MY bedroom :stare:

01 Apr 2023 10:49 - 01 Apr 2023 12:24 #45030 by Charlotte
GOG is updating a game (luckily while I'm doing other things than using my computer). After 2 hours it was about 45 % done and claimed it would take less than half an hour more. Now (not sure how much later) it's just over 50 % done and claims it's take another 45 minutes or so. :dry:

Edit: A bit more than an hour later, it's up to 73 % with 15 minutes left to go. I think my minutes and these other minutes are not the same kind of minutes. :unsure: 

Edit 2: and 20 minutes later it's actually done! :woohoo: 

01 Apr 2023 15:57 - 01 Apr 2023 16:22 #45037 by Charlotte
In Skyrim, I made another attempt to find my missing armour but I am seriously starting to suspect that some sort of bug ate it. I've visited all the places I can remember being after starting the whole nightingale business and a couple more, but my armour is nowhere to be found. I am pretty certain (but not 100%) that I stuffed in in a container where I didn't have things stored from before, so it wouldn't be hard to find (ironically), but the only items in that particular container are two pricey weapons.

I know I could just enchant some new pieces. I have everything but boots... Or I could reload an older save and replay the whole dang thing. But I don't feel like doing either and the whole thing has me rather put out. :pout:

I guess I'll go read a walk through of the quests I just did to see if I forgot some place I visited... and if not, I might as well play Kat instead. Or crochet. :stare:

EDIT: And after a quick run to Solitude (even though I knew I'd been there before changing armours) and reached the conclusion that no, Heljarchen really IS the most likely place I would have gone to at that point and I've already looked through the chest there twice and I have nowhere else to..... oh wait... I have a vague memory of just dropping a bunch of things on the floor.... Might the armour have been among those things? :dumb: 

Yep. Yep it was. :facepalm: 

01 Apr 2023 19:31 #45038 by Valence
Don't drop things on the floor, you loot-litterer! :shakefist:

Meanwhile in Morthal I just had to beat up some guy while a ghost watched nearby. :blink:
That's another male follower I can have when I get tired of Mjoll. Hope she wasn't listening. :giggle:
*turns round*
"It's OK, Mjoll. I didn't mean it-"
Oh, wait. She's disappeared somewhere. :S
I thought I hadn't heard her tell a story for a while. But she's carrying my Chain Lightning staff. Get back here! ...from wherever you are. :dry:

01 Apr 2023 20:34 #45039 by Charlotte
I had one of those "Oops how do I get out of this scrape? I'll have to google. Skyrim fanwiki says 'make sure you talk to your followers before you...' - Why are they telling me NOW that I should have done something back there!? :shakefist: and googles some more. Eventually gets out of scrape, and finds followers (which fanwiki said might be stuck now) outside waiting...."-kind of quests. I hate it when you google a problem and the solution is to do something else yesterday. :stare:

Well, it all worked out and I got most of the loot. I know I left some more in there - I can't really recall if it was a lot more or a little more, but I think I'm good... I'll just have to sort through it all tomorrow. Or maybe when I'm done with the next quest in that chain. Which will also have to wait. :zzz:

01 Apr 2023 20:47 #45040 by Valence
Talk to your followers so they can tell you about that cutpurse that tried to... :lol:

Still couldn't find Mjoll anywhere and going in and out of buildings didn't help so in the end I had to do a super short Fast Travel on the map to make her come back. :eyeroll:
It's OK as I was going that way to kill a dragon anyway but I still didn't like doing it. It's a matter of principle. :stare:
Oh, and that ghost girl...

Warning: Spoiler!

01 Apr 2023 21:10 #45041 by Charlotte
Well I had two issues - I was supposed to talk to them before the place was flooded with water but it was already flooded so I don't think talking was possible, and also I couldn't find them (obviously because they left without me while I was trying to find and save them :stare: ) which also made talking impossible.