May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

28 Mar 2023 10:46 #44950 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
...and a  mod thing  too. :)
The survival one everyone seems to use is called Frostfall. :aha:
If I was starting again I probably would try them out but disabling them every time I wanted to continue my current game seems like too much fuss.

Unless they have settings for that in the interface. :hmm:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Mar 2023 17:45 #44955 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:argh:

Where did I put my glass armour!?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

28 Mar 2023 18:14 #44956 by Charlotte
I couldn't be bothered looking for that armour, so I went back to playing the khajit. She's just outed Faendal and was considering looting his place but those stupid kids keep popping through the door :shakefist:

Maybe I should kill them and hide them under his bed? :hmm:

28 Mar 2023 18:43 #44957 by Valence
Put them on the campfire. :evil:

28 Mar 2023 18:55 #44958 by Charlotte
:woohoo:
What a BRIGHT idea!

28 Mar 2023 19:28 #44960 by Charlotte
My khajit (kahjit?) has now bought Breezehome. I've found that you can remove entire things via console permanently, but if you only remove some things that are part of a "group" (such as the big dinner table in hearthfire) they will respawn after a while, similar to when you've just picked them up from there. So if I want to decorate via console I pretty much need to do so completely, and not buy rooms... On the other hand it seems buying rooms fixes the holes in the floor :dry: But maybe I can hide them with rugs and furs? :hmm:

I guess this means I should bring all the food still waiting on the floor of Lakeview, over to Heljarchen instead, as the dinner table setting will constantly be ruined at Lakeview anyway... At Heljarchen on the other hand, there aren't those markers or whatsits for NPC movement, so they risk pushing stuff off the table.

Guess I''ll have to sleep on it. Several times, probably.

:zzz:

28 Mar 2023 19:36 - 28 Mar 2023 23:41 #44961 by Valence
Yay, you can pet the merchant's grumpy-looking cat in Mortal Shell. :excited:

Edit: And Lords Of The Fallen is sooo frustrating.
I sort of, almost, made a tiny bit of progress amidst much death. I didn't actually get any further but instead just tried to level up a bit by farming XP near a checkpoint and quickly banking it before I die. There's a nasty shieldy-man (even worse than the other shieldy-man!) nearby and on the occasions I kill him I get over 600 XP which is much needed. I've now managed to boost my magic/faith so that I have enough for three consecutive shots of the gauntlet, which is sadly the only way I can kill the shieldy-men. :(
I know I should be blocking and sword fighting but my efforts are so unbalanced against these enemies that it's almost not worth the effort. I hit their shield and do no damage at all. They hit my shield once and over half my health disappears. And then we just circle around each other in a shieldy-dance for a while until I get bored enough to run away and shoot from a safer distance. :brb:
Attachments:

29 Mar 2023 21:53 - 30 Mar 2023 01:41 #44966 by Valence
I have now made a bit of progress in Lords Of The Fallen. Although I have to admit that I've done it by backtracking rather than going forwards. So it's more like I've made some ...erm.. regress? :dumb:
Anyway, I've backtracked and found some more loot that I should have picked up earlier, including some short swords that are surprisingly good. They don't have the damage of that monstrous thing I've been carrying on my shoulder but you can slash these ones about really quickly and I can finally do some stabby, swordy action without dying. Even against shieldy-men.
I've also been retreating to try and do a side quest that I didn't know was back there but... every door I need to get through is locked! Why don't I have the key? Why don't I have ANY key? :hmm:
Am I gonna have to backtrack even further to find more stuff I should have picked up earlier? :unsure:

Part of me thinks I should just restart it from the beginning and pay more attention this time but... I remember that boss battle with The Commander and I really don't want to go through that again. :cry:

EDIT: KEY! :pirate:
I had to jump for it. :argh:
And it's not really a "jumping" game. :S
There's still another door that I can't open and there's another chap who wants me to look for things I can't see (cos I wasn't equipped with the right thing again) but I've got the important thing so now I have to quicksave (as if!) I mean, make it back to a checkpoint of course. :brb:

30 Mar 2023 06:17 #44968 by Charlotte
All games should have quick saves :dry:

30 Mar 2023 08:46 #44969 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Nope.