May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

10 Mar 2023 14:05 #44774 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:ohmy: The endish of everything! :argh:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2023 14:08 #44775 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Yes, the everything of everything. I suspect I am approaching the end of Death Stranding too, so I've been delaying going to a place to do a thing until I've done some other things first. Maybe I should open both games on different screens and finish them together as everything will end once one of them is completed 

10 Mar 2023 14:45 #44776 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Spoilers! :lol:
*still walking back to Whiterun with Mjoll*

And Skyrim's radiant quests keep going forever. :dry:

10 Mar 2023 15:15 #44777 by Charlotte
Some of the quests are made that way, though... They kind of re-spawn. I think? So not all quests are part of quest lines that lead somewhere.... (like to being rewarded with a massively underwhelming weapon...)
:dry:

10 Mar 2023 15:32 #44778 by Valence
They also spawn to random locations and people so that they're different for each player. Some people are lucky enough to get an early Companion quest that asks you to beat up Nazeem. :evil:
I didn't get that one. :(

Both the Companion jobs and the Thieves Guild jobs still carry on after their questlines are complete.

10 Mar 2023 21:36 #44784 by Valence
Ptolemy's Fist almost caught me in Olde Egypt today.
I was distracted by an angry pack of lions when he sneaked up behind me to investigate the ruins of a camp that I had just ..erm... ruined. :dry:
Thankfully Senu saw him in time for me to sneak to safety. And I (in eagle form) swooped down to get a good look at him too. He looks ... dangerous. :unsure:
:brb:

11 Mar 2023 20:28 #44790 by Valence
Come on, Mjoll, let's see how far we can walk today. :pirate:
"Now, you'll pay!"

Wait a minute. That's isn't one of my companions' voices. What's going on?
A vampire hunt! :woohoo:

Let's join in and kill this vampire!
*hack* *hack* *stab* etc.
Killed it! But why wasn't Mjoll helping with some magic shocks? Mjoll?
*backtracks*

You've killed the hunters. The people from Stendarr. The people we were helping. :oops:
No matter. On to WIndhelm for a bit of bounty collection and...
Oh, that's a cheeky place for one of those stones. :)
Can I steal it while he's still in the room? Yes! :aha:
Nice little bonus.
Attachments:

11 Mar 2023 20:35 #44792 by Charlotte
Hey, do you remember that time a cutpurse tried to rob Mjoll once and when she drew her sword he soiled his armour?

11 Mar 2023 20:41 #44794 by Valence
I don't mind that she's quite chatty and has something to say about where you are and what you're doing but the gap between her discussions is a bit too short. :dry:
Arissa also has quite a bit of dialogue about locations and history and stories of her past but, being a mod, she actually has some settings where you can turn down the frequency. :lol:

11 Mar 2023 21:14 - 11 Mar 2023 21:17 #44795 by Valence
"I remember when a cutpurse tried to rob YOU on the road once. You killed him and then I inexplicably chased after this goat and slaughtered it. Remember?"

Mjoll seems to be an occasional psychopath. But as she says, "I love a good fight!"

I had a failed attempt at enchanting too tonight. I may like my Helmet of the Unburned with its branch antlers but I would also like to wear my new fancy Daedric helmet without giving up the fire resistance. So, I destroyed some fire resistant boots and got set up at the nearest Arcane Enchanter to do my thing and... I couldn't enchant the helmet with that (or any of) my learned enchantments.
At first I thought it was a Daedric thing and that I needed some extra perks but apparently it's because certain enchantments only work with certain types of gear. Which I already knew, but I thought that I'd be able to enchant a helmet with fire resistance seeing as I already have a helmet with fire resistance. :dumb:
I guess that particular item is a Special magical thing.

But I wasted some boots to learn that! :pout:

Anyway... I've arrived back in Whiterun for some Thieves' Guild action. :paranoid:
Attachments: