May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

20 Feb 2023 20:07 #44534 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
The salmon had to go. And the garlic. I put some new racks by the fireplace instead. Gotta use those wooden protrusions from the fake wall for something, right? (They're supposed to be outside, supporting a roof, I think.)

Anyhow, I think the furnishings of the kitchen are more or less done, though I still need to add clutter. And I have no room for barrels. *looks at Val* So..... I'm thinking, with that double height ceiling it makes sense to have like an extra, partial floor on which to store crates and barrels and such. Right? Only I've no very good idea of what to use for such a floor. Maybe the wooden lean-tos that can be found in some hunters and bandit camps... Or the structure that could be found in the Helgen kitchen. Not sure its found elsewhere... Not sure I could fit that in. But anything squarish or rectangular, flat and seemingly made of planks should work... If you happen to not have enough to do, at some point  
For such an inaccessible place (where a ladder might also come in handy but the only ones I can find the codes for are for trapdoors) I guess those closed crates/boxes I usually don't care for might be good for clutter, too... :dry: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Feb 2023 21:02 #44535 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

...and then swung the camera round and saw one of those nasty rainbows. :pout:

Hope I don't have to go that way yet...

Yeah, right. :eyeroll:

Actually it wasn't that bad. The trip to the Port was much more panicky than this but it was a little more claustrophobic than the rest of the game so far so it was still an interesting experience. :dry:
And before that I thankfully spotted the big camp from the top of the big hill and...
Warning: Spoiler!

Sooo, Charlotte, you want an extra floor? :ohmy:
A lot of the internal flooring is built in to the actual house kit pieces. I discovered that whilst trying to find a ceiling for your bedrooms. And Helgen's a bit of a ruin these days. I'll have a look around and see what I can find but I'm not sure about this one. :S
Attachments:

20 Feb 2023 21:28 #44536 by Charlotte
Those little things moving quickly are usually rabbits :confident:
and I'm pretty sure Helgen's kitchen still looks the same :aha: Unless it's been further demolished after the initial dragon attack? :dry:
But well... look around if you have time and the inclination :) I'm not looking for a whole floor, more something like boards thrown up across the ceiling beams to create extra storage space but not really meant to walk on, you know? So, like I said I'm thinking the lean-tos (if that's what they're even called) might work if they're just the roof piece (if I could manage to place it flat) - or the floor piece I guess. Maybe it's the same structure used for chicken nests... :dry: And if they are all attached (floor and roof) they'd not be much use. Though it would be nice to be able to place those chicken thingies where I want them, too ;)

Heck lone planks could work too if there are any in the game. I've only seen logs, though. And I'm guessing most walkway structures and the like inside caves are all more or less attached to each other. :hmm:

Anyway, I'm off to sleep and hopefully I'll manage to make it to work tomorrow. (And if not, at least the grocery store :dry: )

:zzz:

20 Feb 2023 21:39 - 20 Feb 2023 22:40 #44537 by Valence
Got something. :)

First some messy plank squares that are found in mines...
0004559A
0004559B
000455A5
0004559C
0004559D (not sure about this one. I typed it wrong and now I'm trying to remember correctly. :dumb:)

Some more, but these planks look a little neater and would suit a house better...
000533C0
000533C1
000533BE
000533B7
000533BF

With both these sets the first code is a plain square and the others have little barriers round some of the edges.
And I have found one vertical ladder that isn't attached to anything else but it doesn't seem to be functional as a climbing mechanism... 000A5A25.

The wooden floor pieces were listed as "Scaffold" in the Creation Kit and there were several other log bits that could make up the "frame" to place it on but that might take up too much space. I can add those next time if you want them.
PS. You can walk on the floor pieces once you get the collison sorted by disable/enable.

EDIT: And more. Here are some of those angled ladders that look more like stairs, again, you probably won't have room for these but...
0007BA78
000305A4
And here are some Scaffold ramps...
000455AD
0003FB06
000533CD

21 Feb 2023 06:08 #44538 by Charlotte
Wow thank you :)
I'm still at home so I should have some time to look those through later. For now I might go back to bed for some more rest...

21 Feb 2023 06:08 - 21 Feb 2023 12:13 #44539 by Charlotte
Wow thank you :)
I'm still at home so I should have some time to look those through later. For now I might go back to bed for some more rest...

Edit: 

Might not be ideal workspace-wise but I'm not going to be the one working in that kitchen anyway :P 

Attachments:

21 Feb 2023 12:19 #44541 by Valence
One thing I didn't get chance to check was if the floor blocks can connect or tile together.
I did find some normal tiling floor pieces but they were made of those one-sided polygons that are only supposed to be viewed from one angle and that obviously wouldn't work for this.
I'm sure there must be more so I'll keep looking. :)

So keep resting. :stare:

21 Feb 2023 12:49 #44542 by Charlotte
Well, I'm happy with that one piece (533c0) - I scaled it down 50% and then 5 of them fit almost perfectly in a neat little row up there... The ladder I scaled to 65% and rotated a bit so it's steeper but you can actually climb it and get up there. I tested. :aha: Though I'm guessing npcs would get stuck.... :dry:

21 Feb 2023 12:59 #44543 by Valence
Didn't notice that you'd sneaked in a screenshot! :woohoo:
That looks cool.

And you can get up there too! :woohoo:
I imagine that NPCs would only get as far as the bottom of the ladder as there won't be a Navmesh on the added floor.
Then again... :dry:

21 Feb 2023 13:07 #44544 by Charlotte
Then again, you never know with NPC's. When I tried to replace those skulls in cages with flower pots I found Lydia standing up there with me. I had collision off to get up there, she didn't. :paranoid: