May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

18 Feb 2023 21:57 - 19 Feb 2023 00:56 #44484 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Underwater lockpicking is fun. :dry:
Not so much Skyrim, more like Skyswim followed by drowning.
Anyway, I too now have the other gold statue of Dibella. :woohoo:
Sadly that other one is in a different position every time I go into my house so all that patient placing was for nothing. :shrug:
I also had a funny mod related incident today as I was tasked with sneaking into a house where some other baddies were and was quite surprised to hear a fight already happening as soon as I'd sneaked through the door. :huh:
It obviously wasn't me that started it cos they hadn't seen me yet so I tiptoed forwards and peeked round the corner and saw that the pet house cats (mod) were attacking them before I got there. :lol:

But that's some more Thieves' Guild shenanigans off my quest list and while I was in there collecting my rewards I noticed a kind of blank mannequin style head on a tall stand. I know it's not that bust you were looking for but the code for it was... 000D921E

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Feb 2023 11:46 #44489 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
My Dibella statue didn't involve any lock picking... It was hidden behind some barrels and rocks in a seemingly empty corner of a fort... or some such. Can't even recall anymore. And I know there's one in a cave that involved some swimming, but no lock picking... I guess that means there are at least 3 of those statues, not counting the one you can steal in Markarth. (I haven't stolen it, but it's on my quest list...) No, 4 with the one you already had...

Thanks for the code, will check it out. I bought the last hearthfire home yesterday and while I left windstad as a small cottage (with added tower) I'm thinking this one should have a bard and carriage and such, so, I'll need room for plenty of beds. So I guess I'll add more rooms, but I might opt to do all furnishings through console.
Anyway, for the code, it sounds like it'd be tempting to use for circlet displays, but I read somewhere that those circlets never stay where you place them...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

19 Feb 2023 16:31 #44497 by Charlotte
While changing everything around in my Windstad Manor (where I was merely supposed to go to drop some things off, before going to Lakeview to pick some things up, so I could return to whatsthenameofthelasthouse and build some more) I realised that the two woven decor thingies in there don't match the descriptions I jotted down of the 8 I got the codes for... I suspect they might be "new" with Hearthfire and therefor be elsewhere in the creation kit, maybe? 

And here are two huge screenshots of a couple of rather small items... :dry: 

Attachments:

19 Feb 2023 17:03 #44500 by Valence
When I was getting those codes I was just clicking in my slightly-better-console so I'm not sure where they are in the Creation Kit yet. I do know there are several versions and the code letters/numbers only seemed to vary slightly. I'll have a more thorough search for them this evening. :aha:

19 Feb 2023 17:35 #44501 by Charlotte
Maybe I should experiment with nearby codes. I know I did for the first few (that had the same code only ending in 1-5, and I found 8 was a skeleton... which Lydia immediately dispatched of). Not sure if I tried the remaining codes I got.

And this heljarchen or whatever, I had to kill a giant to get it and then they sell me land right next to giants? :huh: It's just a matter of time before they attack... I'm thinking I might want some walls and/or fences and while I'm at it maybe some of those more militaristic palisade things too... :stare:

Meanwhile I don't think anything has ever attacked Windstad. Although there were some dead draugr lying about when I first moved in.... :dry:

19 Feb 2023 18:43 - 19 Feb 2023 19:13 #44502 by Charlotte
Two elder dragons in one day!? :ohmy:

edit: and three miners dead. That's like half the local work force. Maybe I should reload. The dragon would only attack where I go after all, and I was looking for a trader and there is none in this particular place. :dry: 

edit 2: three miners and a guard. I reloaded and went elsewhere. A Blood dragon showed up instead. No human casualties. 

19 Feb 2023 19:34 #44503 by Charlotte
Dang it, I could have sworn I had the codes for one fireplace or another but I guess it was only non-collideable ones... :dry:
*doesn't want the kitchen fireplace where the game wants it*

19 Feb 2023 20:06 #44504 by Valence
Here's everything that comes up in a Fireplace search...

...and note that the top one is from Hearthfire which is why it's an 01 code instead of the usual 00. Also some of them are not what you're thinking of. :)

And those woven thingies are called WallBaskets in the Creation Kit and they're all from the base game...

Attachments:

19 Feb 2023 20:32 #44505 by Charlotte
Well dang I just closed down the game... :P
For the baskets, I guess those two I mentioned must be the only two I hadn't discovered then (based n the 4 codes you gave me before, I found 8 and there seem to only be ten...)

I keep thinking it's so weird how they have those elaborate baskets on the walls but to store things in they only have those non-coloured boring ones with rotting bottoms... (even if they come in many shapes)

Oh and I just tried using that wagon cover as an awning or tent outside the house. Not sure what I think yet. It seems to be non-collidable - or maybe I need to wait until the next time I load the game to see - I did scale it up 4 times...

19 Feb 2023 21:06 #44506 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I have the GoG Special Edition of Skyrim and I can see the ID of items I click on with the console open, it shows the ID in the centre top of the console window (pretty much the middle of the screen.