December challenge - Random Randomness

Deadline for entry:

November challenge - VOTING OPEN!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

26 Nov 2019 12:11 #26870 by Digital Dave
I was thinking the very same about the wing tip. Unless they were larger in general, it wouldn't show as is with the current angle of the head.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Nov 2019 13:11 - 27 Nov 2019 13:12 #26888 by cgmythology
Valence: Thank you! Glad you dig the start to 'Cap'. For the oval lines, I 'cheated' and used Photoshop's circle/oval tool, which required a small amount of my cunning. Don't judge me!!! :lol:

Banj: Ah, great point regarding the 'wing', I just removed it. As for the star on his costume, I think it works better given the angle. I'm not not trying to be accurate to any specific version of Cap, so I'm taking a lot of artistic liberty in that regard!!!

Digital Dave: Yep, you're right, just removed it!

I began the painting process on 'Cap', pretty pleased with how it's turning out so far. Using mostly hard edged brushes so far (except on the sky which was done primarily with soft brushes), I'm thinking of incorporating more texture with this piece so I'm going to play around with speckled brushes as I continue to work on it. Any feedback is appreciated as always!!!

Attachments:

27 Nov 2019 18:43 #26891 by cgmythology
I worked on the image a great deal, refined the skin heavily, made more progress on the environment. Enriched colors a bit as well to make them a bit more lively. Here is the current progress:

Attachments:

27 Nov 2019 19:04 #26892 by Charlotte
didn't notice before but it looks a bit odd how the crumbling building follows the shape of his shoulder... I'd suggest fixing that, otherwise it's coming along wonderfully. :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cat.