September challenge - NSALFs

Deadline for entry:

August Challenge - WINNER ANNOUNCED

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

04 Sep 2019 14:00 #25878 by cgmythology
I worked on the illustration a bit more, tried to get rid of the unnecessary tangents as was pointed out, and also established the lighting. Pretty happy with that aspect so far. Here is the current progress:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Sep 2019 14:20 #25879 by Banj
The upper arm of the raised one is too long (her elbow would reach to around her hip at it's current length). Also the way she is holding the scales looks awkward and a little disjointed. The other arm holding the sword looks thinner around the forearm than the other arm even though it is actually closer to us because of foreshortening.

I find her feet a little confusing as well. Looking at the shaping of the dress, her front most leg is bent, but the front most foot looks as if the leg is straight up and doesn't connect. It's as if you have attached the wrong foot to the wrong leg.

FAQ/Site guides: cgartnexus.com/index.php/help/faq

Feedback, suggestions, problems with the site ask here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/suggestion-box

04 Sep 2019 18:25 #25880 by Charlotte
speaking of tangents I would suggest tipping the scales the opposite way as it currently obscures the face of one of the statues in the background.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cat.

05 Sep 2019 14:34 #25887 by cgmythology
Banj: Great point regarding the arm, will refine it when after the current update to correct the said errors.

Charlotte: I might do that; Right now I simply lowered the opacity of the line obscuring the statue, but we'll see if I can get away with that as I refine the image!

Worked on the image a bit more, refined the illustration as a whole. Current progress:

Attachments:

06 Sep 2019 13:14 #25890 by cgmythology
Worked more on the image, made the arm a bit smaller and continued refining. Here is the current update:

Attachments:

06 Sep 2019 20:41 #25895 by Valence
I think all the issues with the arm can be solved by just moving the upper arm and shoulder away from the body like this...

Apologies for the lo-res gif, I'm on my tablet at the moment. :)
Attachments:

07 Sep 2019 15:17 #25903 by cgmythology
Valence: That's excellent, that fixed the issue! I just implemented on the current update, thanks again :)

I worked on the image a great deal more, it's coming along fairly well I'd say. Here is the current progress:

Attachments: