April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

23 Mar 2024 12:42 #49674 by Valence
Looks good so far. I really like the sweeping curve of scythe blade in the foreground. It adds great drama and tension to the composition.

I always find it tricky to analyse line drawings seeing as I don't do them myself, but the outline of the right hip into the thigh seems a bit awkward. It may be just my own confusion about where the leg ends and where the clothing begins so perhaps it will resolve itself as you add colour and form, but keep an eye on that bit as you develop it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Mar 2024 01:56 #49762 by cgmythology
Valence:  Thank you!  Interesting point regarding the hip, hopefully it looks more natural now that it's painted.  Feel free to let me know!

........................... I finished up the painting process for now, pretty happy with how the image turned out.  The approach I used here using the 3D model as reference for the lighting was very successful and required only a small portion of my cunning :D. Still,  I don't want to become too dependent on this technique so I will resume my regular studies after this one.   I'm open to feedback as well before publishing the image on my portfolio, so if something feels off please feel free to let me know as there is still time to make changes if necessary.  Below is the current preview followed by the steps for those interested:

Attachments:

29 Mar 2024 11:55 #49763 by Charlotte
If anything, I think maybe I'd make the area under the arch a bit darker to make his face pop a bit - as it is his hair and his clothes stand out but his face blends a bit into the background...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

30 Mar 2024 13:34 - 31 Mar 2024 22:52 #49772 by cgmythology
Charlotte:  Great point!  Just implemented that input and it works much better now, thank you!

I received some excellent feedback on the image and just updated it, did my best to improve it and I feel like it's a very solid update to the image.  Works much better now IMO.  I think I'll call it done for now unless there is something major off that needs rectifying, so if that's the case please feel free to let me know.  Below is the update:   

Edit:  Updated the image slightly and calling it final.  I will celebrate by... napping.

Attachments:

30 Mar 2024 13:41 #49773 by Charlotte

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.