April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

30 Jul 2023 08:05 #46504 by cgmythology
I finished up the painting process, and it went pretty smoothly thankfully!  I think choosing the right color palette from the start makes all the difference, so those color tests seem to really pay off for me in the long run.  Below is the current image, if something feels off feel free to let me know, otherwise I'll consider it finished for now.  Also posted the steps for those interested, hope you enjoy!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jul 2023 08:31 #46505 by cgmythology
And it's time for a new painting.  Back to 'fan art' mode again.  I sketched out 'Kitana' from the Mortal Kombat series.  I based her likeness on actress Adeline Rudolph, who will be portraying her in the new Mortal Kombat film.  In regards to the character design, I tried to sort of combine all of her recent looks to make something unique.  Overall I'm very satisfied with the sketch.  As always, any feedback on the sketch before I proceed with some color tests would be most appreciated!

Attachments:

30 Jul 2023 09:02 #46506 by cgmythology
Finished up some quick color tests. I think 'D' and 'F' are the best.  F pops the most but the light background doesn't suit the subject matter, so I'll likely go with D.  Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments:

30 Jul 2023 19:53 #46513 by Valence
Yes, I like "D" too. The deep red gives a rather dramatic mood that makes the character intriguing.

Great work on the previous one as well. Those low-angle facial poses are hard to pull off but you've done it very well here. :thumbup:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

02 Aug 2023 06:29 - 03 Aug 2023 07:33 #46542 by cgmythology
Valence:  D it will be then!  Glad you dig the previous image as well, I intentionally chose that angle because I knew it would be more challenging so I'm glad it's to your liking!

I finished up the current image and am fairly satisfied with it.  The background was tricky and I ended up changing it several times but I think it all worked out for the best.  Below is the current preview, if there's something off please feel free to let me know as there is still time to tweak it a bit if necessary.  Also posted the steps for those interested as well.  

Attachments:

03 Aug 2023 12:36 #46549 by cgmythology
Time for a new illustration!  I was in the mood to paint a viking again, this time a female one.  The sketch was a lot of fun to create.  For the figure I referenced one of Grafit Studio's reference packs, but came up with my own design for the figure.  I'm pretty happy with the sketch but any feedback on it would be most appreciated before I make my way over to colors.  Here is the sketch: 

Attachments:

03 Aug 2023 16:31 #46550 by cgmythology
I fixed some issues regarding the sketch and went ahead and completed several color tests.  I posted it below.  My personal favorite is 'c' followed by 'b'.  I might use a small portion of my cunning and mix the two, we shall see.  Any suggestions encouraged as always!

Attachments:

13 Aug 2023 08:13 #46654 by cgmythology
I finished up the painting process.  This was a fun painting to bring to life, lots of fun with the atmosphere and the detail work.  I attached the current progress, any input is appreciated as there's still time to make minor changes if necessary, so please let me know if something feels off.  Below is the image followed by the steps for those interested!

Attachments:

13 Aug 2023 08:58 #46655 by Charlotte
Nice! I think her lower foot looks a tad big and now that it's finished the axe looks a bit off simply for being too symmetrical in it's position, but the lighting on her is absolutely wonderful :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

13 Aug 2023 13:34 - 13 Aug 2023 13:35 #46657 by Banj
Everything appears to be resting on the surface of the snow rather than in the snow. And the rightmost tip of the axe blade is in front of the small mound of snow which is nearer to us than the position of the left blade tip, even though the blades are face on to us and on the same plane (i.e. that mound should be in front of it).