April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

31 May 2023 11:26 #45716 by Valence
I like the scaly texture of the big dragon beastie. Particularly the bits that catch the highlights from the lightning. :thumbup:
The handle part of the sword (I've forgotten what they're called. :dumb:) does seem to curve down instead of following the centre line so that may need a little touch up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 May 2023 11:54 #45718 by Charlotte
Hilt? :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

31 May 2023 14:08 #45719 by Valence
Yes. :aha:

01 Jun 2023 05:15 #45720 by cgmythology
Valence:  Thanks!  Great point regarding the handle, I'll see if I can fix it shortly!

Charlotte:  It's their, it's in gold.  I'll see if I can emphasize it more in a future update!

......................I finished up the painting process for 'Mileena'.  Illustration looks disturbing which fits the character fairly well I'd say!  Below is the current preview followed by some steps for those interested.  Any input is appreciated!

Attachments:

01 Jun 2023 05:39 #45721 by Charlotte
What? If you mean the hilt, I was merely suggesting to Val that that was the word he was looking for :)
(The images wouldn't load for me yesterday, my computer - or rather connection - seemed to have a lazy day) so there was no feedback from me :) )

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Jun 2023 04:53 #45734 by cgmythology
Charlotte: Ah, I see, sorry about the confusion!................. Some updates.  First, the warrior/dragon image, I fixed the issue with the handle as it was a bit skewed.  I think I'll call it finished for now!    Next I did some subtle changes to Mileena.  I'm calling it done for now unless something major is really off!   ............ And finally, a new sketch!  This time featuring a giant and a... giant slayer I suppose!  Pretty pleased with the sketch but I'm open to hear any input before proceeding with colors.

Attachments:

02 Jun 2023 11:48 #45736 by Banj
The rock that the smaller guy is standing on creates a bad tangent with the lower part of the Cyclops dude. Both with the body and the belt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

07 Jun 2023 15:56 - 07 Jun 2023 15:56 #45776 by cgmythology
Banj:  Great point, I think it works better now that it's fully painted as there is depth in the values, but please let me know!

I spent some time on the the image, the values in the sky gave me a bit of trouble but I feel it worked out pretty well in the end.   It's pretty much finalized but I'm open to suggestions if something feels majorly off, so please let me know!  Below is a preview followed by the steps for those interested:

Next up I started work on a new image of Sub-Zero.  Pretty pleased with the sketch but I wanted to hear any input before I begin work on some color tests for this one, so please let me know!

Attachments:

07 Jun 2023 16:38 - 07 Jun 2023 16:38 #45777 by cgmythology
I went ahead and did some quick color tests.  My personal favorites are A and F.  A pops the most, while F has the most harmonious colors.  I think I'll go with F or maybe combine both and get the best of both worlds, we'll see.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!  

Attachments:

18 Jun 2023 15:58 #45892 by cgmythology
I did some work on the giant illustration.  Overall I'm not satisfied with the image so I'm leaving it as is and won't be including it in my portfolio.  I will definitely tackle the giant theme again in the near future, however.  For now here is how it looks like:

Next up is an update for Sub-Zero, I'd say it's pretty much done but I'm open to feedback if something is majorly off, so please let me know!  Below is the current preview followed by some steps for those interested:

Attachments: