April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

06 Jul 2019 17:36 #25274 by Valence
Looks good so far. The face and the expression seem spot on and the lighting is lovely. I think the foreground shoulder at the bottom left could do with a bit of enlargement. At the moment the body appears a little too narrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jul 2019 19:36 #25275 by Charlotte
Looks good, that's a very pretty friend you have :) I'd suggest working some on the eyebrows though, because she does look a tad worried now. And I think her nose is a bit bigger than you made it. Softer edges, like you plan, seems a good choice for her :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

10 Jul 2019 12:45 - 10 Jul 2019 12:46 #25293 by cgmythology
Valence: Thank you! I'll look into the shoulder, I haven't caught that so I'll definitely take another look!

Charlotte: Why thank you:D Great input, I haven't done much work on the eyebrows so I'll definitely focus in on that aspect!

I worked on the image a great deal, pushed values and lighting further and introduced shading with soft edged brushes, which is giving me the look I had in mind so I'm quite pleased with how it's turning out so far!

Attachments:

10 Jul 2019 13:19 #25295 by Charlotte
Looking absolutely lovely :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

10 Jul 2019 16:20 #25297 by Valence
I like what you're doing with the stars. Very nice indeed.

11 Jul 2019 06:23 #25305 by cgmythology
Charlotte: Why thank you :)

Valence: Appreciate it!

Here is the current update, it's getting there! I'll focus on fixing the flaws present in the image and then finalize it soon. Any input is appreciated as always!

Attachments:

11 Jul 2019 18:54 #25312 by cgmythology
I worked on the image significantly, did some changes to the lighting and refined the skin heavily to soften the values a bit and give it a less of a plastic look:

Attachments:

29 Aug 2019 04:44 #25815 by cgmythology
I did some changes to the image and finalized it. I'm quite pleased with it and ready to move on to the next illustration. Here is the final illustration:

Next up I started an illustration for a friend, with the theme 'Lady Justice'. I spent many hours on the sketch to make it as refined as possible. I had a reference for the general pose, which can be seen here .

The pose suits the theme quite well, the pros being its very iconic. On the downside, its a bit stiff. Here is the final sketch:

Any feedback is always appreciated as always!
Attachments:

30 Aug 2019 14:48 #25829 by Valence
Brave of you to do all those hands!
I'd be finding ways to cover them up somehow. :lol:

I think the hand holding the scales looks a little awkward at the moment, but then again, I'm famously not a hand expert. :)

Terrific composition though! :thumbup:

31 Aug 2019 07:42 #25847 by cgmythology
Valence: Why thank you :D Hands were important here as I wanted a certain darkness present into the image. I looked at the reference for the hand and it seems fairly accurate, might just look weird regardless though, I'll see how it turns out! Thanks for the positive words!

......I updated the sketch a bit and blocked in the basic colors. Pretty happy with my color choices so far, but feel free to let me know any input!

Attachments: