March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

27 Mar 2017 18:26 #15634 by cgmythology
Atto: Thank you, defining planes and surfaces is something I try to get down as early as possible, so I'm glad it shows through! Regarding colors, I try to always have an idea of what to use before blocking everything in, just makes things easier this way. And yes, I do need to work on it, haha :D The trickiest part is the skin tones I think, that's easily the most challenging so I try to pay special attention to them as early as possible. Thanks again for the kind words!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Mar 2017 08:33 #15639 by cgmythology
Current progress, it's slowly getting there...

File Attachment:

20 May 2017 07:37 #16318 by cgmythology
I finalized the Steampunk illustration; Quite pleased with how this one turned out, and I'm happy to hear that my friends are extremely happy with it, so mission accomplished! Here is the final image:

File Attachment:

I've been freelancing non stop as well, and one of the projects inspired a personal piece which I hope to work on during my free time. It's a depiction of Gaia, and I want this image to be very straight forward. Below is the sketch followed by some flats, obviously still in very early phase:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Feedback is always very much appreciated!

20 May 2017 16:17 #16321 by cgmythology
Worked on the image a great deal, pretty pleased with how it's turning out, pretty much exactly how I have it envisioned so that's always a plus. Going to play up the detailing and texture work on the figure soon:

File Attachment:

21 May 2017 08:12 #16323 by cgmythology
Worked on the image further, defined it a lot more and smoothened out the brushwork of the figure. I want to do something creative with the skin texture so she looks more moss-like, probably will create some custom brushes to do so. Here is the current progress:

File Attachment:

21 May 2017 13:04 #16324 by Valence
I think that defining the ankle a bit more will help to shape the foot a bit better in the bottom left corner. But I hate doing feet, I had terrible trouble during that recent Monkey King challenge. :lol:
Lovely saturated colours, as always. That sharp, iridescent cyan of the little butterfly's wings pops out wonderfully well. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

27 May 2017 06:06 #16362 by cgmythology
Valence: Thanks! I tend to focus on legs/feet last, hopefully it's OK now. Glad to hear you enjoy the colors, I'm quite pleased with them as well :)

Current progress, it's almost there!
File Attachment:

19 May 2018 11:27 #21156 by cgmythology
Started work on a new illustration, featuring the new female Thor. I just finished the sketch and am ready to begin the painting process. I want the lighting to be very dynamic and iconic in this one, so that should be a fun challenge. Feedback encouraged as always!

File Attachment:

19 May 2018 16:27 #21157 by Valence
Looks like another good one you've got going there.
I like the linework on the arms. The marks are really strong but the curves give it just the right sense of softness too.

19 May 2018 17:38 #21158 by Charlotte
I've only just come to accept Marvel's take on the whole Asgardian world so I'm not sure I'm ready for a female Thor (not sure the current Thor is ready to end up in a woman's body either, even if his own is getting a bit worse for wear...)

But anyhow. I can enjoy your drawing anyway, I'll just eh... call her Tora. And the one thing I reacted to when I first looked at your drawing, is that her legs are rotated in the opposite direction of her torso, but her hips are not. So the pelvis/belt area should be adjusted accordingly. When I scribbled a bit on top, I also felt that you should place the heltmet higher (distance from chin to eyes and from eye to top of head should be roughly the same, but that would mean that her helmet is very very thin and her head rather pointed...) - and I would also increase the size of her hands, she's to look big and strong, after all.

As always looking forward to see how your work progresses and especially to see color added :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology