May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

22 Jan 2023 11:53 #44076 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Is it just me, or do I look a bit.... grumpy? :giggle:

And of course when I got back, two of the bottles (one wine and one mead) had fallen to the floor and the mead one is in a place where I can't get at it, even with collision off! :stare:  (It's within the activator of the cupboard... so all I get is the option to search the cupboard...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jan 2023 12:40 #44077 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I wasn't sure if you had all the growing plant codes as the tree stuff has its own category in the creation kit.
The pantry looks super cool, even if some of it is on the floor now. :lol:

Which dragon priest is that? :hmm:

22 Jan 2023 15:02 #44078 by Charlotte
Krosis.... He was a bit of a surprise.... :dry: Some guard casually mentioned seeing a dragon fly overhead and heading for wherever it was, and I figured why not... and went to look for it. And then I remembered there are usually those walls where the dragons roost, so I went looking for that and ... oops!

22 Jan 2023 15:47 - 22 Jan 2023 15:48 #44081 by Valence
You beat Krosis? Well done. :thumbup:
That's the hardest enemy I've faced in the game so far.
I went exploring too far and too soon and initially lasted only a few seconds against him.
I only returned much, much later with lots more help.
His fireball staff is splendid if you or your companion likes to wield it.

I also have Morokei's face and the magic wooden one which I think are both indirect parts of the college quests if I remember correctly.

22 Jan 2023 17:02 - 22 Jan 2023 17:12 #44082 by Charlotte
uh... he wasn't very hard. But then I 1) let Lydia do most of the work and 2) still have my difficulty set to "Apprentice" (I think that's the level 1 below default)...

I did notice that his fireballs didn't do much damage, though. I think I have some fireproofing on at least one part of my armour...

Edit: Oops, just tried the counter and it turns out it's one of those IKEA pieces. :dry: 
But I guess the rest of it might have similar numbers... 

Edit 2: Got 'em :)

22 Jan 2023 17:20 #44084 by Valence
One of the things that's interesting about Skyrim is that everybody's experiences are slightly different because of the way you can encounter things in any order at any time.
Krosis is one the enemies that doesn't balance to your level so if you find him too early it's pretty devastating. :)
My top 3 baddies so far have been Krosis, Sigdis and Krev the Skinner. Also that random Orc on the bridge a few weeks back was surprisingly challenging. :dry:

IKEA? Does that mean it was modular and I should have clicked along its length to see if the code changes?
I thought that I had spawned them all to check but I may have missed that one. I'll double check again tonight.

I normally like to play GTA on a Sunday but apparently there's a big security issue that needs patching. Oh, the joys of online multiplayer that I don't even play. :pout:

22 Jan 2023 17:21 #44085 by Charlotte
Yeah, it had a mid section type thingy, two corners, and two end pieces. But I got all the codes so no worries :)

22 Jan 2023 17:41 #44086 by Charlotte
Dining table is still a complete mess (and dang those sweetrolls! :shakefist: ) but my kitchen is shaping up quite nicely. Those counters provide a nice working surface for my eh.... kitchen staff... :dry: (there's a bit of shearing/flicker where the pieces overlap but I prefer that to a tiny gap, which I got otherwise). 

Attachments:

22 Jan 2023 19:52 - 22 Jan 2023 19:53 #44087 by Valence
Looks good!
I just checked and the three pieces do have sequential codes that just follow on.
Also if the counter is aligned with an axis then the middle sections are offset by a value of 64. The end bits seem to have the same coordinates as the adjacent block. So if you set that right it should all snap together rather than flicker.

22 Jan 2023 20:19 #44088 by Charlotte
Maybe mine weren't perfectly aligned around the z axis, though I think it would be odd if I forgot to align it and still only had such a tiny crack... Oh well... I can look at it again, some other day.

I've realised I've moved goblets and wine away from the dinner table and they will probably respawn upending anything I place there... So I need to do the disable and markfordelete for anything I don't want to come back. I think. :dry:

Anyway I should get ready for bed. Long day at work tomorrow. I think :unsure: (I'm not sure what I'll be doing to be honest, it's one of those "development days" and people here just tend to do "what they always do" and since I'm new I don't always do things... Nor am I part of any small group/team on any particular subject, so I can't get involved that way...) Well, I'll find out soon enough.

:zzz: