April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

22 Jan 2023 21:07 - 22 Jan 2023 23:19 #44089 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Yeah, sometimes the z position varies when you place items, even though it really shouldn't.
I've just remade the Winking Skeever bench counter in the basement and the z position of the pieces varied through a range of about 0.3 and it left little gaps. Then when I set them all to the same value it snapped together perfectly from every angle with no flicker. :)

EDIT: And in Death Stranding before taking on the next orders (which may result in some chasing/fighting) I decided to make a few side-mission deliveries to see if I could navigate that steep hill any better this time around. And without the panic of the time limit and the threat of creepy things (which weren't there anyway after connecting the network) I made a much better job of finding the right path. I even located that rope that I had wasted by throwing it downhill instead of up. And no-one had liked it or even used it. :lol:
It was clearly in a pointless and useless position so I retrieved it and recycled it back at the base.
Also I'm sure I heard someone respond when I accidentally shouted out after pressing the wrong button. :paranoid:

Now I really need to prepare for that next order by testing the range of the bike charge and checking how far I can go before the naughty chaps start pinging my cargo on their scanners. I don't want them stealing my stuff while I steal back the stuff they stole before. :S
It's like the circle of life... but with stealing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2023 12:33 #44092 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I now pretty much own the Thieves Guild even though I don't steal anything (unless I'm forced to)  Soon I shall own all of Tamriel Mwahahahahahaha! My first decree will be a tax on elaborate kitchen decoration and furniture 

23 Jan 2023 14:47 #44094 by Valence
Travel across all of Skyrim.
Loot every possible location.
Loot so much that you're constantly over-encumbered.
Pretend that you don't steal. :dry:

23 Jan 2023 15:08 #44095 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:ohmy:
Down with the usurper! :pirate:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

23 Jan 2023 19:27 #44097 by Banj

Travel across all of Skyrim.
Loot every possible location.
Loot so much that you're constantly over-encumbered.
Pretend that you don't steal. :dry:

If it doesn't say "STEAL" in red when you go to loot it it isn't stealing... just like in real life 

23 Jan 2023 21:13 #44099 by Valence
I have been to the toilet. :stare:
And I now have urine-base weaponry to throw at creepy things...

Don't know what Sam's been drinking to make it that colour. :dry:

I also got into a proper fight.
No, I didn't throw the stuff. It's far too precious for that.
Before taking on the next order I thought I'd better practice my sneaking and my sneaky violence, so I went back to the smaller camp without carrying any cargo to have a go at the baddies there without any risk of losing stuff.
I successfully tied up two of them with my rope but the last one turned into a bit of a brawl (which I'd rather not have with my framerates.) It didn't quite go to plan and in the panic I couldn't quite remember the controls that I'd researched beforehand but I did defeat him with some tactics that I made up on the spot. :)
He did manage to zap me with some kind of electric pole thing, which was unexpected, and he did give me a bit of a good kicking before I knocked him out.

But I am glad I did the practice now cos that kind of panic could have been costly later. :aha:
Attachments:

23 Jan 2023 21:42 #44101 by Charlotte
Improvised tactics good. :aha: They never see those moves coming (and neither do we, mostly...)

Remind me to google Tolvald's cave next time I am awake... I cleared it and found my way back to the beginning but... it felt unfinished and also I just remembered getting some keys off of the bad guys but.... no locks? :dumb:

I think I will have to go back.

23 Jan 2023 22:21 - 23 Jan 2023 22:21 #44102 by Valence
Wake up and Google someone's cave! :stare:

I did a switcheroo to Shadow Of Mordor, which I haven't played for a few days, and in that time I've apparently forgotten the controls. :lol:
Thankfully it does have a few prompts so it wasn't too long before I could improvise some more tactics. :dumb:
I still can't do the execution move despite those prompts. It keeps telling me Y+B, but I just cannot hit those buttons at the same time and my failed attempts always get me into more trouble as you're constantly outnumbered in every fight. :shakefist:

24 Jan 2023 07:58 #44104 by Charlotte
I have now googled :stare:
And part of the unfinished thing is because it's part of a questline I've not done yet...
And the keys.... don't go anywhere, apparently.

No need to go back in the foreseeable future, then... :shrug:

24 Jan 2023 16:09 #44105 by Banj
I have been given another free horse. I suspect that this new horse is better than previous horses, but I don't trust it at all, no matter how cool it makes me look.

I eventually caved in and purchased another property (mostly because I wanted the minimal protection of being Thane as I had to do some crime... although the fine for that crime would probably be substantially lower than the cost of the house). They charged me 12000 gold. When I got there I realised it was the house of a deranged serial killer and they hadn't even bothered to clean up the erm... evidence of his crimes. On top of that the Man-Carl that lives there complains every time I walk in the front door as if I am trespassing. I feel that I have been scammed 

I also decided to see just how much crime I have actually committed and I'm not convinced that the stats are actually correct 

Attachments: