April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

20 Jan 2023 23:21 - 21 Jan 2023 00:39 #44052 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Fork Handles? 

I was gonna make a joke about that but didn't think Charlotte would know about it. :lol:
(It's a famous British TV thing .)

Have you not spoken to Vex about the stones?
It a big fetch quest with no help for you at all so do pick them up when you see them.

Anyway, I did have fun doing this particular Decorator's Guild Quest so any more directions will be followed in good time.
Elsewhere in other games... I have charged the bike! :woohoo:

And the handling is very weird. Not at all like any other bike I've crashed in video games. :dry:
Oh, and I have changed my boots. And made some spares. Always need boots. :aha:

Edit: And I missed the side table off the list. Didn't notice that was in bold. :dumb:
Anyway that one is 000C4D58

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2023 09:50 #44057 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I want to hear the British TV joke :stare:

And no I haven't spoken to Vex, she won't talk to me until I'm friends with Brynjolf, will she?

Thank you for the table, I missed that you missed it!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

21 Jan 2023 10:43 #44058 by Charlotte
I'm back in Skyrim and Solitude and a courier ran up to me with a letter of inheritance. Confused, I looked behind me to make sure Lydia was still there and, yes, she was. Apparently I inherited one of the merchants whom I helped with a delivery :huh: I wonder what killed her...

21 Jan 2023 11:57 #44059 by Charlotte
Random items I'm finding in Solitude:

One of the merchants by the well has a larger crate on the ground, similar to the trough but no water. I think in the palace there was only the smaller version.
The shop counter at e.g. the Fletcher (others have longer and "corner counters" but this one'll do for me)
The Fletcher also has a cooking pot/spit over a small bowl with embers. I think the pot is separate (and I have the code) but the stand with the spit would be nice, as well as the bowl of embers.
Beneath the ramp up to the Fletcher and Armourer, there's a small wild west wagon and a "crate" of sorts, that might come in handy some day. As might the wheelbarrow, btw. There's one by the well merchants.
I also like the green ground cover found here and there in Solitude - there's a patch just by that wild west wagon. (And probably elsewhere) - And a little further away is a fern :)

Interlude: I swear I've seen a code for finding out the cause of death of an NPC, but it seems I can't find it now. I was heading towards the hall of the dead to see if I could find anything out about my "friend" who died, but instead I found another shop keeper dead. :argh: Who's killing the shop keepers!? Why isn't anyone else reacting??? :paranoid:

Anyway, while in the hall of the dead/Solitude catacombs there are some items, again:
An urn, similar to the vases etc but with a lid. Also a small vase/urn that can't be picked up and I think I didn't mention yesterday because I don't think there were any in the Palace.
There's also a low "scruffy" table.

And now I've broken into my "friend's" house. No clues to what killed her, there either. I'm guessing it's not a quest :dry: And now I am over encumbered again, and Solitude keeps the horses so dang far away... :eyeroll:

21 Jan 2023 12:28 #44060 by Valence
Never had an inheritance.
I obviously keep my friends alive. :stare:

Your little inheritance got me thinking about shopkeepers. Have you (or Banj) tried investing in merchants yet? I know you've both complained about them not having enough money and I think that boosts their finances, but you do have to have specific perks to do it.

I shall take on your new code finding quest this evening. :pirate:

And 80's British comedy hasn't aged well but if you insist then I present to you the famous  Four Candles Sketch.

21 Jan 2023 14:06 #44061 by Charlotte
I haven't reached that perk yet - I have set it so I can sell anything to anyone of them, but they still don't have enough money to buy my fine goods! :shakefist:

*watches video*
Ok, I guess I kind of get it and kind of not... :dry: But I get why Banj asked about fork handles.... :aha:
(I mean, besides how I got it before :dumb: )

21 Jan 2023 15:40 #44062 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Have you (or Banj) tried investing in merchants yet? 

I have so much money that I have nothing to spend on that I don't even bother selling stuff now, there's so much cash laying around all over the place. I'm far too busy killing things and fixing other peoples problems to go shopping anyway. I now pretty much own the college despite the fact I don't use magic (unless I'm forced to), I've single handedly won the war, I cleared most of the miscellaneous quests I had (apart from the ongoing collect-a-million-of-these type things).
And I have yet another horse stalking me 

21 Jan 2023 16:17 #44063 by Charlotte
...and everybody clapped :dry:

I guess Val was right to predict you'd finish the game in a week or two (or whatever it was he predicted...)

21 Jan 2023 16:47 - 21 Jan 2023 16:50 #44064 by Valence
I suddenly want to know how much cash Banj has. :dry:
I think I just have about 60-70K which is not enough to buy and decorate Proudspire Manor. :eyeroll:
Edit: I'm lying, apparently I can afford it. For some reason I thought it was 80K :dumb:

21 Jan 2023 17:06 #44065 by Charlotte
I know the 100,000 gold achievement blinked by one day not too long ago... for me, I mean. No idea what Banj has.

I'm trying to find the/a place with lots of brownish plates and cups - I know I've been to such a place but I can't recall where it was and I can't seem to find it again. Does either of you have a clue? And if anyone knows a place with the blue glazed plates available for the taking that'd be nice too. I have loads of bowls and cup but only 1 plate (in Lakeview). I guess I could take it from Breezehome and have it respawn there.... but I'd prefer loot. And I'm sure there's some in the Jarl's palace... Anyway, most places I go just have silver silver silver...