April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

18 Jan 2023 20:37 #44021 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Miscellaneous items! :shakefist:
People on the internet often mention the thing about leaving them on the floor first and then leaving and re-entering the house and THEN placing them where you want them.
But they still fly about sometimes. :dry:

Stoopid physics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2023 20:44 #44022 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Yes, well in this case...
I had done it that way once, and then added some more items and forgot about the reloading bit so I placed one or two of the newly dropped items together with the already nicely placed ones and EVERYTHING when flying. I even found one item stuck in mid air.... :huh:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

18 Jan 2023 20:52 #44023 by Valence
One thing I noticed while messing with the trough is that when I moved it with the setangle and setpos commands the collision box seemed to stay in its original place until I typed disable and enable. Not sure how that would have worked if I'd left the room. :hmm:

Also, if you're using those commands with the miscellaneous items, if you end up clipping/overlapping into another surface then that'll probably launch it in the air when you re-enter.

18 Jan 2023 20:58 #44024 by Charlotte
:woohoo:
The pelts do work! Although I have no idea what the difference is between the two sets of wall hanging pelts... :dry: They look like the exact same three pelts to me. (Which is also the same as the three floor pelts.)

Anyway, trying to get to bed at a decent hour today. Slept like 2 hours or so, last night, so... Oh wait, I think I said that already :unsure: :zzz:

18 Jan 2023 21:01 #44025 by Charlotte
Yep and yep, that is, yes the collision box resizes and moves once you come back after reloading. I think. I didn't realise this at first and found it very annoying when the collision box ended up in the wrong place :P

And yup, I'm pretty sure two things cannot be in the same space in this game. They 'splode apart if that happens.

and now I AM going to :zzz: :stare: (with eyes closed. :stare: )

18 Jan 2023 22:39 #44026 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Miscellaneous items! :shakefist:
People on the internet often mention the thing about leaving them on the floor first and then leaving and re-entering the house and THEN placing them where you want them.
But they still fly about sometimes. :dry:

Stoopid physics.

Gravity will be the downfall of us all 

19 Jan 2023 02:05 #44027 by Valence
The pelts look slightly different in the creation kit preview window...

And there are lots of rugs...

Attachments:

19 Jan 2023 18:02 #44031 by Charlotte
Maybe I should just have you screenshot the entire creation kit :P
And yes you have three different pelts - three called farmwall or something and three called hanging or something but those two sets of three look identical to me,

Banj... :giggle:

19 Jan 2023 19:06 #44034 by Valence
I have tried to export the entire list of objects and their related info into a text file but it produces a massive file that crashes the software before it can finish and, from what I can see from my aborted attempts, the results are so poorly formatted that it's mostly unreadable and useless. :dumb:

Meanwhile in Death Stranding I may get access to the bike soon. :excited:
I now have a generator that may (may :dry:) be able to charge it. :paranoid:

19 Jan 2023 23:32 #44036 by Valence

Gravity will be the downfall of us all 

Well those were some prophetic words from Banj. :dry:
It's so much easier to run down than climb up. I'm sure I didn't come this way before... :paranoid:

It's sooo steep now! :argh:
Now I think about it, I'm really sure I didn't come this way before. Which path did I take that time? I don't know any more and I don't want to waste too much time trying to plot a course on the map cos I'm against the clock with this delivery.
Gonna have to try and climb it.
Oh, no!
Now I'm slipping. And I can't stop and-
Try and balance, Daryl/Norman/Sam! Dig your feet in and BALANCE!
I'm clinging on to the triggers desperately trying to stop the slide and... Thankfully he stops. Phew.
Let's go again. Can I chuck a rope up to make it easier?
No, the ropes are for climbing down and I've just wasted that one that's gone down the hill. :dumb:
Ladder?
Gonna be a bit tricky from this position, but I can already see someone else's ladder a little higher up. Just try and get to that one. Slowly, now. Try to climb the bumps and not the slope cos they're too steep and that's why I was sliding. I'll be OK as long as the wind doesn't pick up to blow me backwards and...
Aaaaaaaah! 
Ooof!
(VERY BAD SWEAR WORD!)
That hurt!
And I've lost some cargo.
And now the baby's crying! :cry: :pout:
So I'm half way up a super steep climb, balanced on a ledge trying to rock the baby back to... well, not sleep exactly, but some form of slightly-less-distress-considering-our-situation. :dry:
Finally it shuts up but now I don't have all the cargo for the delivery. I can't go all the way back to the base to pick up some more with the clock still ticking me down so... it must be around here somewhere if it isn't completely destroyed.
*peeks back over the ledge*
I can see it! :woohoo:
Careful now. :aha:
Got it. And it's not too damaged. It will do. :stare:
Now let's grip these controller triggers as if our pitiful life depends on it and climb slooowly to that ladder and then thank the person who put it there. :pirate:
Attachments: