May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

18 Jan 2023 12:24 - 18 Jan 2023 12:25 #43998 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
When I click on something in the console it shows the reference id at the left hand side with some quote marks ", but there's more information on the right hand side. First there's a little label that's different from what it says in the creation kit. Under this there's the same Ref Id that it shows on the other side. But under this there's another code called Base Id that seems to be the same as the one we're using.

I'm not at my PC at the moment but I've just pulled this image from the internet...

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2023 12:35 #43999 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Notmyhorse died last night. This is the third of my two horses to have died after involving themselves in unnecessary combat. It seems that horses that belong and don't belong to me have the life expetancy of a Spinal Tap drummer. It's his/hers own fault for stalking me I guess 

(I also noticed that he/she isn't the same horse as the previous one, they are actually completely different colours making it even more suspicious that it was following me around in the first place )
Attachments:

18 Jan 2023 12:47 - 18 Jan 2023 12:50 #44000 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Val I think that's either due to that Unofficial Patch, or a mod.
Edit: Or the creation kit? Either way it certainly would make things easier... But maybe less fun... :dry: Or tedious. Testing codes is like the in game fishing. Boring, boring, boring, you got something! :woohoo: , oh, it was a bucket, Boring, boring... and then you actually do find something more fun. Though it IS less fun, knowing you can just find it by clicking or using creation kit, while I have to try tens of thousands of possible number combos... :unsure: 

And I think I know where Banj is at the moment. Or was last night, rather. :hmm:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

18 Jan 2023 12:52 #44001 by Valence
So you don't get the info at the bottom right? :ohmy:

Do you get the other extra bits when you press TAB?
Not that the extra window helps for this, that one is usually stuff for NPC states.

18 Jan 2023 12:54 #44002 by Valence
You should give me a set of instructions and coordinates and I'll trail around the landscape clicking on things for codes. It could be an unofficial quest. :lol:

18 Jan 2023 12:55 #44003 by Banj
It's where Delphine and Max Von Sidow take you to the mural of the Alduin thingamy. I've been there before, but I decided to continue the dragonborn story stuff that's been sat on the list for ages and ended up revisiting places I've already cleared to get stuff for this questline. The horse might have been caught in the cross fire when I was riding around on a dragon, but I'm sure he was killed before that.

18 Jan 2023 13:39 #44004 by Charlotte
That's who you call Max von Sydow? :dumb:
I thought he was one of Val's mod followers or something...

You rode a dragon? :ohmy:

I feel so behind now :cry:

And Val, no Tab makes no difference to my console window.

18 Jan 2023 13:42 #44005 by Banj
I'm calling him Max Von Sidow because he is actually Max Von Sidow. I wasn't aware of that until last night when I got him to leave his room (I had discovered him long before the quest made me go and get him).

I wouldn't be sad about the dragon riding, it sucks.

18 Jan 2023 14:15 #44006 by Charlotte
sYdow :stare:
and apparently he is. I never noticed :P

18 Jan 2023 14:20 #44007 by Banj
Yeah, him too.