May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

04 Oct 2022 17:04 #42328 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
"that first fight at the tower"? As in the intro by the execution block? *guessing not* :dumb:

Oh wait, you mean the one that made me a thane... Oh OK, I guess I can wait a while with that one :P
I only just made it out of Helgen again. Had to leave so much loot. Again. And as far as I recall, all those corpses weren't there anymore, when I returned to Helgen later... Hmm, maybe I should have looted everything and left it in a sack or barrel :hmm:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2022 17:08 - 04 Oct 2022 17:09 #42329 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
The one at Helgen isn't much of a "fight" is it? :)
It's more like a panicky RUUUUUUN! :lol:

04 Oct 2022 17:11 #42330 by Charlotte
Initially. I'm making poor Hadvar all gray-haired with my dawdling and looting while he's insisting we need to hurry...

04 Oct 2022 19:24 #42331 by Charlotte
:ohmy: I was attacked by a vampire fledgling!

Too bad his armour (which looks very female? :huh:) wasn't better than what I already have - it certainly looks better. At least in inventory (I haven't tried it on and I never really had time to see what he looked like during our scuffle)

04 Oct 2022 19:42 - 04 Oct 2022 19:43 #42332 by Charlotte
So uhm... should I, or shouldn't I, try to steal everything in sight? :dry:
If I can do it sneakily like, that is...

Edit: I tend to feel rather guilty when I do, like when I take helpful people's money or poor people's food... :unsure: 

04 Oct 2022 19:44 - 04 Oct 2022 20:33 #42333 by Valence
*puts on looted vampire armour again* :lol:

Yes, I like the vampire armour too but as you said, there's always better stuff. I've given mine to Brelyna.
My favourite outfit is still the blue Stormcloak gear but I don't really want to join the Stormcloaks. :nope:
So I just stick to the most useful stuff. :)

I recently found a lost pony and had the idea of adding it to my increasing herd to make it carry ALL my outfits like a walking wardrobe but I have so many that it couldn't carry them all so I still had to leave some behind.

04 Oct 2022 19:51 #42334 by Valence
I tend to only steal gold or weapons greater than my own. And maybe nice outfits. And maybe jewellery.
Oh, and "those" stones obviously. :paranoid:

Of course it's a bit different early in the game when you're grinding to get cash but there are occasional consequences. I remember accidentally stealing something from Belethor while practising my sneaking. Yes, "accidentally"! :stare:
I managed to put it back without him alerting guards but later he hired some thugs to beat me up! :ohmy:

04 Oct 2022 19:54 #42335 by Valence
PS. I should probably point out that my collection of loot carrying horses is a mod. :dry:

04 Oct 2022 20:14 #42336 by Charlotte
:ohmy: Are there in game loot carrying horses too? At least... one?
I decided to let Faendal tag along on the golden claw retrieval quest, as a carrier. Well, I didn't tell him that was why, of course. I didn't tell him that I stole all the leeks and potatoes from his garden either...

Anyway it's bedtime for this hero so that claw will have to wait.

04 Oct 2022 20:38 - 04 Oct 2022 22:42 #42337 by Valence

:ohmy: Are there in game loot carrying horses too? At least... one?

Sadly not. :(
You can steal a temporary horse or buy a permanent one (there are also a couple that appear later in quests) but they can't carry things by default. :nope:

The best looting strategy in the base game is to keep a follower, level up stamina (even though you really need/want to level up health) and keep an eye out for enchanted items that fortify carry weight. I currently wear two items that boost my carrying ability. For later in the game there are also some pickpocket perks that help and the Steed Stone that I only just found last month. :P
Warning: Spoiler!

EDIT2: Your Skyrim efforts keep inspiring me to go back and look at my old posts and it's quite amusing. It apparently took me FOUR days to beat Sigdis although at one point I accidently did beat him  by getting stuck.   (it's OK there are no spoilers on that page.)
And I forgot he did the disarming shout as well. :lol:
Ah, good times. :)