May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

05 Oct 2022 06:08 #42338 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Sounds like I really must get some mods... I have got Net.6 or whatsits and Vortex, but I've not decided on any mods yet. Arissa wasn't available for the special edition, and some other followers require other downloads/mods to work. I did see several that doesn't, as well, but I held off on making any decisions. And Vortex itself felt a bit overwhelming... :dry:

I did realise that if I hold off on doing "the tower" and thereby getting dragons, I also won't get the call to the greybeards... but I guess I could attempt the climb and hope to miss the frost troll and just get up there to make it available for fast transport later when I do get dragons... :hmm:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2022 11:28 #42339 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I don't even know what Net.6 is. :dumb:
But I do use Vortex and I find it easy to use especially when it comes to disabling mods.
SKSE is the other thing you'll need.
Also a lot of the more complex mods need SkyUI (which changes the interface slightly) in order to provide you with a menu for the settings.

I wouldn't worry too much about the mountain climb. If you don't have the shout there's no real reason to do it and the Frost Troll isn't too much of an issue. It's just a "fun" surprise for low-level players. :P
Just do a few more other quests before handing over that tablet to Farengar and you'll be ok. ;)

05 Oct 2022 11:38 - 05 Oct 2022 11:48 #42340 by Charlotte
What tablet? Who's Farengar? :paranoid:
(The name sounds familiar but right now... hmm the alchemist in Whiterun? He seemed shady. But anyway, first character already gave him a tablet, second hasn't left Riverwood yet. Well, except to get to the barrow I never got to because I was over encumbered and then also attacked by a vampire so that I got over encumbered again...)

Net.6 or 6.Net or framework Net something was needed for the latest version of Vortex which was needed for the GOG version of the game. And incidentally, UI changes were not recommended for the GOG version, as those mods are usually relying on some Bethesda stuff that has been removed in the GOG version. Or some such. :dumb:

Edit: Just went back to read that post of yours from 2020.
"Oh, maybe I can hide behind those planks too!" :woohoo:
"Oh, or maybe that's a bad idea..." :(

05 Oct 2022 19:27 #42343 by Charlotte
Geez, Faendal and me did two runs through those barrows and still had to leave some stuff behind. Including 60 kilos of linen wraps! (The 60 kg would pay about 30 coins so they didn't seem worth the trouble - I don't think I'll bother going back for them and the one or two other things I left.)

And then we got back in the middle of the night, I was attacked by a crazy fish and well... anyway, I stuffed a bunch of stuff in a barrel since if I hold off on the dragon stuff it'll also be a while before I get a house. I do hope it'll stay there, though. :paranoid:

As for sleeping (or waiting) and selling the loot, it'll have to wait until tomorrow since I spotted the trader and his sister coming back from the tavern right around midnight. I'm guessing they're closed.

Oh and I found a cottage and someone named Anise. At least she didn't seem hostile. She did seem rather poor so I didn't steal anything from her... :dry: But I have to remember to explore that little boat and camp fire I think I saw across the river, near her place. Also tom... er, perhaps not. I'll be home a bit late tomorrow... Maybe Friday. :hmm:

But for now, :zzz:

05 Oct 2022 20:50 #42344 by Valence
Hmm, not sure about barrels. :hmm:
As long as you don't go too far from it so that it respawns.

I remember that lovely old woman. I think you can actually use the cupboard/dresser in her cabin as storage.
Be careful with her though and don't...
Well, just don't. :stare:

06 Oct 2022 17:37 #42349 by Charlotte
Don't drink her tea? :paranoid:

06 Oct 2022 17:38 #42350 by Charlotte
Maybe I should just put everything on Faendal and tell him to wait there.... :dry:

06 Oct 2022 19:11 #42351 by Valence

Don't drink her tea? :paranoid:

Well, first of all don't accidentally steal her stuff while trying to use her storage. :)

06 Oct 2022 19:40 #42352 by Charlotte
I would definitely do that...

06 Oct 2022 19:55 #42353 by Valence
Just the other week I went into an inn, sat down at a table with the guy I was supposed to meet. Pressed E to talk to him and "stole" the delicious sweetroll that was between us on the table. :oops:
Don't arrest me. I'm the Thane! :stare:

If people don't want things stolen then they shouldn't place them under my cursor. :dry:

But returning to the previous subject, when using other people's storage, cupboards are much better than barrels. :aha:
But just be careful where you click.