May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

06 Oct 2022 19:58 #42354 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I'll amend this tomorrow. Haven't had time to play today :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Oct 2022 15:55 #42359 by Charlotte
:ohmy:
This time at embershard mines (which my other character visited twice) I was asked to join the stormcloak rebellion!

07 Oct 2022 18:36 - 07 Oct 2022 19:29 #42366 by Charlotte
Well, my second character is starting to feel restless in Riverwood and I kind of do want a house to store things in, again, so I decided to go back to the first character now that I understand how to use magic spells :dumb:

Unfortunately I still died and once again alt+tabbed while the game was reloading and had to restart the computer, again... :dry:

Edit: I googled how to defeat the guy (girl) and then I went and loaded up an older save where I hadn't yet gone so far that I couldn't go back... I decided to run around and harvest stuff instead but what happens? DRAGON :stare: 
Forcing me to run into that stupid cave again to hide. Well, at least I know not to jump down that hole, now. :dry: 

Edit again: I googled how long you have to wait and some other posted anything from hours to weeks and I have no idea if that were in game time or real life time. But I didn't have that kind of patience so after harvesting a gazillion mushrooms, I went back outside and into stealth mode. No dragon. I slowly stealthed all the way back to the village, where I think someone paid me 8 gold not to set them on fire :huh: Not entirely sure, they did say it was a gift. But anyway, of course now I'm back I realise I could have just fast travelled once I was outside of that cave... :dumb: 

Edit 3: and apparently that cave belong to a troll and as before, it killed me rather quickly. My attacks did barely any harm, nor did the Fus. :dunno: 

I'm feeling tempted to delete both characters and start all over only I don't know if I actually CAN delete old characters. And if I do, I bet I'll be terribly annoyed at all the things (especially the intro where you can't do anything but wait for the dragon to attack) I'd have to go through again... 

07 Oct 2022 19:31 #42367 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

where I think someone paid me 8 gold not to set them on fire :huh:

I don't think I've ever experienced that one. :lol:
I've had an orc that wants me to help him kill himself but never that one.
Unless I've just forgotten about it of course. :dumb:

07 Oct 2022 19:33 #42368 by Charlotte
Could have been easily missed. I returned to the village (with flames active) and a guard said something about being careful with those flames and someone else said something about a gift at about the same time, and the text that I received 8 gold flashed by up in the corner.

07 Oct 2022 19:41 #42369 by Valence

I returned to the village (with flames active) 

:lol:

Ah, I never use any of that stuff. I just get repeatedly told off for shouting. :)

07 Oct 2022 19:48 #42370 by Charlotte
Well I'm trying to get used to the system of switching between skills and then doing one more thing to actually use the skill. You know how in GW2, you just click a number and you attack or heal or whatever. I keep finding myself clicking a number in Skyrim and then waiting for something to happen until I remember I need to use the mousebuttons too. :dry:

07 Oct 2022 19:53 #42371 by Valence
...while Guild Wars always wants you to click the mouse button to look around. Until I remember to switch to the "action camera". :)

07 Oct 2022 19:55 #42372 by Charlotte
I'm pretty sure I move forward if I click the mousebutton in GW2 :dumb:
Can't really recall for certain...

07 Oct 2022 20:07 #42373 by Valence
By default moving the mouse just moves the pointer. You have to click/hold (right button, I think?) and then drag to rotate the camera and that's so hard to get used to for me. Hence my frequent action camera switching. :)