April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

03 Oct 2022 20:49 #42308 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

:blink:

Me, I was supposed to just do a quick run to find some dead remains... Piece of cake, right? Except oops I guess I ended up somewhere slightly off course with long long tunnels and loads of skellingtons... :dry:

Er... Quen? 

FUS! :stare:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2022 06:27 #42309 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I'm no good at magic. I keep having to look for the z key when I need it, and meanwhile I risk losing the fight.
The fight where I stopped yesterday was one of those when one enemy becomes three and you don't know if you're fighting the right one. :unsure:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

04 Oct 2022 11:14 - 04 Oct 2022 11:16 #42310 by Valence
Is that Forbidden Legend with Sigdis?
That was tough. I think there are three or four separate quests in that story scattered across the map (you can also start those earlier by reading the book) but Sigdis is the hardest. It's one of those quests where the distraction of a follower is useful. :whistle:
I remember shouting/archery being a good tactic. Your one word shout is quicker than their more powerful three word shouts so if you see them starting to scream at you then a quick Fus stops them first and gives you time to get an arrow or two in.
The fake ones disappear quickly when hit and then you can focus on the real guy. Apparently the real one has a different helmet but I could never tell them apart in the chaos of being thrown around.

PS. And as I mentioned books, do make sure your character reads every book you find. :confident:

04 Oct 2022 11:52 #42311 by Charlotte
But there are so many books *whines*
Though I do take many of them... I think I even stole one or two when marked in red... :dry:
I do open ("read") most of them and have noticed that that increases skills or starts quests. But I can't be bothered to actually read them all. And in places where there are many books, like the Jarl's place, I haven't even opened every one... :blush:

and yes, I think his name was Sigdis. Or is that a her? I'm pretty sure Sigdis is a female name... Or would be, in old Norse. Meaning something like Victory Woman (well goddess, lady, woman). Like "Queen Victoria" maybe :P

I'm no good at either shouting or using the bow but as I have no companions I guess I will have to try.
I wish there was a "dodge roll" type move like the double tap in GW2. I keep trying to use it and get annoyed when I don't really move at all.

04 Oct 2022 11:59 #42312 by Valence
It's ok, "you" don't have to read them, just let the character open them. :)

Do you have any summon spells to act as a distraction? My character is a Breton and had a Conjure Familiar spell right from the start which gave me a ghostly wolf for a few moments. It never lasted too long in a fight but that brief distraction can give you an opening.

04 Oct 2022 12:04 #42313 by Charlotte
Mine's a wood elf... She's supposed to be semi-resistant to disease and poison but I've managed to get her both ill and poisoned anyway... :dry: She does have the ability to make nearby animals and people fight for her. But there aren't any such creatures around Sigdis... :stare:

04 Oct 2022 12:41 #42314 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Mine's a wood elf... She's supposed to be semi-resistant to disease and poison but I've managed to get her both ill and poisoned anyway... :dry: 

Semi resistant and completely resistant are not the same thing 

04 Oct 2022 13:34 #42315 by Charlotte
I am aware. It was still annoying to have to go buy a healing potion to "cure all ailments" for 100 coins at a time when I had rather little money... :confident:

04 Oct 2022 13:53 #42316 by Valence
Bretons are "resistant" to magic but I still struggle against those devastating Ice Spike attacks. :dry:

04 Oct 2022 14:03 #42317 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I am aware. It was still annoying to have to go buy a healing potion to "cure all ailments" for 100 coins at a time when I had rather little money... :confident:

This is what happens when you go around buying houses