April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

01 Oct 2022 19:36 - 01 Oct 2022 19:49 #42265 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Oops again...
So I'm still trying to get to the greybeards... Since I died last time, I went back to the small bandits hideout I had found, then back to where I was killed, to find that the bad boys had been replaced with something like a fire elemental (I think they called it something else). I took the opportunity to practice my new shortcut keys. It didn't go too well, but at least we won the fight. Then I kept on going down the road and... found myself in Helgar again. :stare:

Backtracked all the way to Riverwood, then followed the stream at the foot of the mountain I'm trying to get up, without finding any paths. But lo, a building I have not visited! :woohoo: *finds that it's right on the outskirts of Whiterun* :stare: Oh well, I tried the new path, came across another bunch of bandits and a path to White Ridge Watch. Got over encumbered again. Found my way through another loooooong tunnel and .... died.

Well, at least this time I had saved the game recently. :dry:
It's a little annoying that I'm not even sure this is where I am to go.

Edit: ...and it wasn't :stare: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Oct 2022 20:03 - 01 Oct 2022 20:07 #42266 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Well, at least this time I had saved the game recently. :dry:

Yeah, tell me about it. :dry:
Just spent aaaaages trying to find the entrance to a cave (it was much lower down than I expected and this is a good time to emphasize that the map is three dimensional so high things and low things, ie. caves and mountains, can appear in slightly misleading places due to the perspective.)
Anyway a bit further on I ended up battling some bandits and... and... I did my first ever sneaky, one-shot assassin kill with a dagger, and not only that, it was my soul-stealing dagger too! :excited:
I was so excited that I forgot to save and a bit later got slaughtered by an attack by five of the higher level chaps. :dead:
Aaaand back to the cave entrance.

PS. You're sort of on the right track with White River Watch, that's the path you have to take but it is a long path. You have to go all the way to Ivarstead to climb the mountain. It may be a good point to explore some of the other places and quests along the way.
But not Shearpoint.

01 Oct 2022 20:07 #42267 by Valence
PPS and when I said "path" I meant the actual road on that side of the river not the path up to White River Watch. :S

01 Oct 2022 20:17 #42268 by Charlotte
Well I'm only 500 gold from being able to buy the Whiterun house, so... I guess I'll be aiming for that, before bedtime.

01 Oct 2022 20:38 #42269 by Charlotte
oh dear, adopt a child before I even have a home? :eek:

How many adoptables are there in Skyrim?

01 Oct 2022 21:13 #42270 by Valence
Too many! :lol:

I finally killed those bandits at the Nth attempt. That last one was super hard with his big Dwarven Battle Axe. I had to do some more extra-sneaky sneaking to systematically eliminate all the others first so that it ended up with a final battle versus him on his own.
But I'm glad I did this quest now cos there was an interesting little reveal whilst looting through his goodies. He knew some things I did not. And someone's setting me up. :paranoid:
Gonna have to be careful with another quest now. :stare:

01 Oct 2022 21:47 #42271 by Charlotte
Well I know own a house. A little worse for wear if you ask me. I mean, I get a dragon tablet AND slay a dragon and for a reward I get to BUY a house. For several thousand. And I can see the sky through the roof :stare: And it seems Lydia's room is nicer than mine :paranoid:

I tried dropping some loot that I took merely because it looked fancy, but it just all ended up in a pile on the floor and wouldn't really be moved. I managed to move one cup onto the table bot couldn't get it to stand right side up. Oh well, it's way past my bedtime anyway. And now I have my own bed! :woohoo:

:zzz:

01 Oct 2022 21:54 - 01 Oct 2022 22:56 #42272 by Valence
Congratulations, fellow homeowner. :woohoo:
It won't be long before you have it all looking lovely with four decapitated witch heads on a shelf and various insects in jars. :)

EDIT: Also after being amazed at your Day One progress I had a look back in this thread at when I first got Skyrim and it took me over a month to get to the dragon!
I am just very, very sloooow. :lol:

Edit 2: I did initially link to the posts but there may actually be spoilers for other stories back there so stay well away. :aha:

02 Oct 2022 07:36 #42274 by Charlotte
Well I did spend quite a few hours playing, on day one... :dry:
But it could also explain why you think Banj finishes games so much faster than you... :whistle:

02 Oct 2022 12:52 #42276 by Charlotte
I have now bought all the rooms (except for children :stare: ) and sorted through all my loot and divided it among the various storage places in my home. But I think the roof is still see through :dry: And I really wish there was a way to easily place items - I keep accidentally picking items up or knoccking them over and then there's no way to get things back in order :(

I cleared out the embershard Mine (not of ore, but of bandits and loot) and decideed to go north to find that guy's father's sword. But once outside the walls I turned around, looked back and... what's that? Hmm a shallow cave right under the city with some shady characters walking about... *cleared out "cave"* Oh dear, now I have to go back and put everything I'm not selling, in storage... again.

There was a horse there! :woohoo: and I stole it but when I got off it trotted right back towards the cave. :pout: