March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

02 Oct 2022 12:59 - 02 Oct 2022 13:27 #42277 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:argh: dragon attack!!! :argh:

Edit: I managed to take shelter in a bandit infested cave, but... I think I lost Lydia out there. Can she die? For good? :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Oct 2022 13:52 #42278 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Can she die? For good? :dumb:

Yes. She can. 

02 Oct 2022 14:07 - 02 Oct 2022 14:08 #42279 by Valence
If you've only lost her she should turn up at your home later, but if she's dead she'll be in The Hall Of The Dead in Whiterun in a coffin or urn with her belongings.

If you're in a normal melee fight your followers will go down on one knee when their health is low and the baddies will stop targeting them but they can still die from ranged "area" attacks from magic and ...erm... dragons. :dry:

Hope she's still alive. :)
Or you could just reload a previous save. ;)

02 Oct 2022 14:10 #42280 by Charlotte
And yes, yes she did. Poor woman. I found her body just outside the Halted Stream Camp and what's worse - I think I killed her. I had been running from a dragon, only to find that I was also under attack from bandits, so when I turned and saw her approaching I shouted at her. And she just collapsed at my feet. Only I had to run from the dragon again so I couldn't tell it was her, at the time.

Well, I couldn't just leave her right outside the camp gates, so (after looting her corpse - it was mostly my stuff anyway) I dragged her body inside the camp and under a er... something. A small shelter with some wild flowers. Better than nothing, I suppose. But the house feels strangely empty now... :dry:

02 Oct 2022 14:12 #42281 by Charlotte
Reload a previous save!? :ohmy: But that's like cheating! And I'd have to get to that camp again and fight those guys again and loot that place again, and finish those two side quests again and... uhm... I think Lydia is staying dead. :dry: I guess I could go find that faendal guy, but I don't really trust him. Why are his coffers full of women's clothing if he's interested in the trader's sister? :paranoid:

02 Oct 2022 14:21 #42282 by Valence
No, I didn't like Faendal either. It's good that he's an archer, I like when a follower has a different attack style from myself, but he did like to get involved in fights when I just wanted to sneak past. And he was a bit of a creep.

02 Oct 2022 15:01 #42283 by Charlotte
Would still be good to have some carrying help, even if Lydia never sounded to happy about it :dry:

02 Oct 2022 15:16 #42284 by Valence
Have you seen the three drunken men yet?
Make sure you have a bottle of Honningbrew mead for them. ;)

02 Oct 2022 15:24 #42285 by Charlotte
hmm I think I have aa whole brewery's worth of those, in a cupboard... But I can't remember three drunken men...

I started looking at nexus mods for followers but immediately got side-tracked by homes... I know you've tried some - would you recommend them?

02 Oct 2022 15:31 - 02 Oct 2022 15:38 #42286 by Charlotte
:argh:
I'm sick of eating things or picking them up by mistake!!!

Honestly, I'm enjoying the game but those things are getting seriously on my nerves.

Edit: Found a mod for moving stuff. Not sure how easy it is to use... and my internet has slowed to a crawl, too :cry: