April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

03 Oct 2022 17:24 - 03 Oct 2022 17:35 #42297 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Well, I reloaded my before the dragon save. It came again. So much for may. I hit it a couple of times, it hit me a couple of times (and why is it I can't seem to use a weapon and move at the same time?) and then I ran. Straight into that frost troll. So much for might. It killed me with one blow.

Maybe I'm not supposed to try this yet? But then why am I told to, early in the game? :unsure:
Edit: Reddit discussion says enemies scale with you so what you do at a certain level doesn't really matter :dry: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Oct 2022 18:07 - 03 Oct 2022 18:08 #42298 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I was waiting for you to get to the famous Frost Troll. :)

Everybody seems to struggle with it. This was where my slowness was an advantage cos I didn't do this quest until I was level 20 and with my big Elven sword and Arissa helping we did kill it first time.
The downside of that is that you get slightly tougher things than wolves on the way up at that level. But I didn't get a dragon though.

As for being supposed to do it, Skyrim is one of the few games that has a genuinely "open" world and as such you don't have to do any quest at any particular time. There are many separate stories and quest lines in all the different cities that run alongside each other. At this point in my own game I think I'd done most of the Falkreath quests and part of the epic Markarth story, so if you do get stuck then there's plenty to move on to.
But if you do persist against the frost troll and get past it there shouldn't be anything else to bother you further up.
Hopefully. :unsure:

03 Oct 2022 18:36 #42299 by Charlotte
Well, I went back to Ivarstead to explore the haunted barrow instead. And fight a big ass spider by the river...

03 Oct 2022 18:43 #42301 by Valence
An ass spider! :eek:
And a big one! :argh:

03 Oct 2022 19:02 #42302 by Charlotte
:giggle:

03 Oct 2022 19:53 #42303 by Valence
OK, I've finally managed to un-encumber our favourite Witcher so it's time to take on that griffin.

Or... you can just hide behind that tiny tree, Geralt. :blink:

He did eventually come out of hiding and even took his sword out for me and... AND...

I beat the Arch Griffin! By myself!

I think that's the first one I've killed all by myself. Vesemir did all the work for that first one at the start of the game and there may have been another where someone else got involved but I've been trying to avoid them for the subsequent 130 hours since. :dumb:
But I did it by remembering Quen. :aha:

Quen. :yoda:

Attachments:

03 Oct 2022 20:12 #42304 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

But I did it by remembering Quen. :aha:

Quen. :yoda:

Learned well you have my Padawan. Teach you more I cannot (about Quen at least). Go now, be free and die no more... tonight.

03 Oct 2022 20:26 #42305 by Charlotte
:blink:

Me, I was supposed to just do a quick run to find some dead remains... Piece of cake, right? Except oops I guess I ended up somewhere slightly off course with long long tunnels and loads of skellingtons... :dry:

03 Oct 2022 20:30 #42306 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

:blink:

Me, I was supposed to just do a quick run to find some dead remains... Piece of cake, right? Except oops I guess I ended up somewhere slightly off course with long long tunnels and loads of skellingtons... :dry:

Er... Quen? 

03 Oct 2022 20:35 #42307 by Charlotte
oh dang. Boss fight. And I should be in bed.
:shakefist:
Stoopid Skellington Boss! You have to wait until tomorrow :stare: