April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

02 Oct 2022 16:02 #42287 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I have two mod homes, a secret windmill that I never use and is quite difficult to get around in especially with followers, but it does look lovely from the outside. :)
The other one is Riverside Lodge which is rather nice and useful too. I do all of my crafting stuff there.
There are other homes that have some more building and farming options to them so they might suit you better.

My main follower Arissa is a mod too and... she can't die! :woohoo:
Lots of people seem to like Inigo too. But it is hard to find mod followers that aren't weird anime things. :blink:

Also if you're starting to think about mods you'll have to look into getting the Unofficial Patch and the Script Extender as a lot of mods require this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Oct 2022 16:09 #42288 by Valence
..and I've just remembered that the one downside of Riverside Lodge is that it's a location where dragons sometimes spawn. I've had more than one awkward fight on that bridge over the waterfall. :lol:

02 Oct 2022 16:35 - 02 Oct 2022 16:40 #42289 by Valence
...and (again) I'd also double check that any mods are compatible with the GoG version of the game. :confident:

Edit: There seems to be a page on this at  NexusMods.

02 Oct 2022 16:56 #42290 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Right... I also need to learn where to save the mods and if anything else is required besides unzipping to the right place :p

There's a very fancy home mod I bookmarked earlier (but I've already forgotten the name) but it might just be a bit over the top for me. And why are there so many vampire and werewolf mods? Are there vampires in skyrim? :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Oct 2022 17:09 #42291 by Valence

Are there vampires in skyrim? :dumb:

Warning: Spoiler!

02 Oct 2022 17:15 #42292 by Charlotte
:giggle:

Well, I just harvested some mammoth cheese... but I think I'll stay at a healthy distance from the giants who made it...

02 Oct 2022 17:22 #42293 by Valence
Mmmm, Mammoth Cheese. Goes wonderfully with Giant's Toe. :sick:

Speaking of food, have you cooked any vegetable soup yet?
It's unironically great for your stamina in difficult fights. :aha:

02 Oct 2022 17:43 #42294 by Charlotte
I have :)
Though I should probably cook more. I've collected quite a lot of food by now. But to cook it, I need to bring it out of storage which is a nuisance.

I also found my way around the mountain, came to a stream and found something that was definitely the den of a predator. Dragon, I thought, and ran on to Ivarstead, but there they complain of bears, so now I'm not sure... Oh but I should probably read the note one of the poor victims of whateveritwas was carrying, before I forget.

02 Oct 2022 18:31 #42295 by Charlotte
Well drat another dragon :stare:

and I did that stupid thing where I switched - or tried to switch - to the browser while things were loading in the game... meaning I got a black screen and had to restart the computer :dry:

oops. Well, I guess it's time to stop for today...

03 Oct 2022 17:16 #42296 by Charlotte
I'm a little reluctant to keep climbing up that pass to the greybeards... :dry:
I looked it up and found this in a wiki:

" It is going to be a rather long trek that is -- luckily -- filled with few hazards, but you might encounter a frost troll."

:stare: (I met an ice wolf that killed me half to death, but I guess the troll might be worse. In which case it would probably have killed me completely.)

continued after some images:
"NOTE: While scaling the mountain, you may come across a dragon, just as you reach the peak. Kill it, absorb its soul and keep on trekking!"

:stare:
Just like that, huh?