April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

25 Oct 2020 23:27 - 26 Oct 2020 12:38 #31688 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Perhaps I was advising myself in that previous post. :hmm:

So... retreat from those frequent deaths or have another go at Sigdis Gauldurson? [Edit: Spelled correctly now! ]
Go on. Let's charge at him with my sword and then- :dead:
Maybe try some magic and- :dead:
Back to the bow then and- "Fus Ro Daaaah!""
And that shout hit me so hard that it sent me spiralling into the corner of the cave to leave me stuck behind some wooden planks.
But wait a minute. He can't see me from here but I can just about see him through the gap! :giggle:
Let those arrows fly. :pirate:

And after much aiming and shooting he's dead. Let's go loot his body.
Ah, yes. :facepalm:
When I said I was stuck behind those planks it seems I meant that I'm REALLY stuck behind those planks. I've killed the guy but now I can't get out. :cry:

Reload then, I suppose. :eyeroll:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2020 11:38 #31689 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Well, Vampyr froze on me again last night. Black screen and discreet eerie music, no keys working. I turned off the computer and when I turned it on again this morning.... it had just slept? The screen was still black and I still couldn't access any other programs or anything. Managed to restart it though.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

26 Oct 2020 12:34 - 26 Oct 2020 12:35 #31692 by Valence
That's a bit annoying. Sounds like it may be poorly optimized.
Have you tried fiddling with graphics settings? I've seen a couple of people saying that turning down/off the anti-aliasing helped with the freezing.

The only game I'm having trouble with at the moment is Grid 2 which stopped working a couple of months back. I think a Windows update killed it. :(
Internet suggests a complete uninstall/reinstall may help but I've yet to find a moment when I could be bothered. :P
I just play Need For Speed instead. :lol:

26 Oct 2020 15:48 #31696 by Charlotte
Maybe I should look into those settings... It mostly seems to happen when I'm stupid enough to try to change windows while it's loading so I guess I can also try to not do that... :dumb:

26 Oct 2020 16:19 - 26 Oct 2020 16:20 #31698 by Valence
You have other windows open? :argh:

I always play in full-screen mode, make sure nothing else is open and never tab out until I've finished playing. :lol:

26 Oct 2020 16:26 #31699 by Charlotte
:dry: But how am I supposed to be able to search online for what the heck I'm supposed to be doing whenever I feel stuck? Or come here and post witty comments? (Or not so witty ones.)

I'm very tempted to play the game as a proper vampire, mesmerizing and killing people whenever i can. Just now, it feels like everything I try is blocked by locked gates or monsters/guards too high for my level... and I can't gain any levels without more killing. The guards and skals I can take out gives such tiny amounts of experience though.... (drinking blood can give a couple of thousand in one go... and I feel like I'm getting 5 or so per kill of non-citizens, but I NEED a couple of thousand...)

26 Oct 2020 16:32 #31701 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

:dry: But how am I supposed to be able to search online for what the heck I'm supposed to be doing whenever I feel stuck?

Um, GIT GUD? :P

26 Oct 2020 16:43 #31702 by Charlotte
:S :dumb:

26 Oct 2020 19:05 #31730 by Charlotte
I'm not sure what God has to do with anything, or how I'm supposed to be able to play with a cat on my arm... :dry:

26 Oct 2020 19:12 #31732 by Banj