April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

28 Oct 2020 08:26 #31776 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Indeed... it just doesn't work very well against flame throwers.... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2020 11:27 #31779 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
They obviously listened to your advice about always using fire magic.

28 Oct 2020 13:36 #31782 by Charlotte
:dry: :blink: dang....

28 Oct 2020 20:15 #31801 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I managed to defeat Sigdis by using some well thought out tactics instead of that usual random flailing that results in my death. :thumbup:
I realised that even though his shouts were much more powerful and devastating than mine, I could actually release my own shouts quicker (seeing as I only know two words instead of the full three that he hit me with.) So every time he set himself to scream at me I did a little "Fus Ro..." at him which managed to stagger him before he destroyed me again. This then gave me the time to fire off all the necessary arrows to beat him in the long run. :)

With that done I set off on my travels again and finally made it all the way back to my home in Whiterun where I attempted the devious puzzle of "putting something on the shelf". :stare:

Bee... and Butterfly. :excited:

Attachments:

28 Oct 2020 20:25 #31802 by Charlotte
:dry:
Did you know the name Sigdis literally means something like "Victory Goddess"? I bet Sigdis's parents didn't.... Or maybe he's transgender? :blink:

28 Oct 2020 20:33 #31803 by Valence
He's certainly trans-dimensional in the way he can be in three places at once. :P

28 Oct 2020 20:58 #31806 by Charlotte
Maybe all trans people should start calling themselves transdimensional. It sounds cool and the transphobics and conservatives might not know what to make of it.

29 Oct 2020 03:11 #31816 by Valence
Only if they're in several places at once. :stare:

Haven't played Ark for a while so it was a bit of a surprise to be greeted by different music when I had a go today. There's obviously some kind of Halloween "event" going on and that was confirmed even more when I started finding "spooky piles". :dry:

I picked that one up and planted it by my base. I wonder if it'll stay there after the event. :hmm:

Then when flying back and forth across the water lots of meteor things came crashing out of the sky. :ohmy:

They didn't seem to do any damage, which was a relief, and it was kind of pretty to watch. I then got some dramatic spooky music before the announcement that the DodoRex had arrived. :argh:
Whatever that means.

Before all that I had been scouting around for another Raptor to try and tame but with no luck. Did spot a Carno strutting around but I didn't want to risk going for that cos their saddles are a bit expensive when it comes to resources (300+ hide?!)
Attachments:

29 Oct 2020 09:13 - 30 Oct 2020 01:18 #31819 by Charlotte
DodoRex is a boss :aha:

29 Oct 2020 21:44 #31836 by Valence
Who You Gonna Call claim for free?

Ghostbusters! :)

Epic seems to have an obvious spooky thing going on with a Blair Witch thing also being offered.

I'm a tad annoyed that the Ghostbusters one isn't available on GeforceNow (pesky Sony :shakefist:) as I was hoping to have a go on that tonight. :(
A quick YouTube search shows that it does just about "run" on my PC but I'm not sure it's worth the long install for 15 fps. :unsure:
Not yet anyway.

I had a little go on Life Is Strange last night and it wasn't quite what I expected. I'd imagined a little more interactivity. At times it felt like I was just walking between cut scenes and making the occasional Important Decision. Perhaps that'll change as you get further beyond the tutorial. :)