April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

07 Nov 2020 22:37 #32097 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Here you go then. I've travelled all the way to the other side of the world and back just to get you a special hipster craft beer, you'd better enjoy it you lazy fool!

What's that? You want me to kill some bandits now?
That's gratitude for you. :eyeroll:

Anyway after that I finished Episode Two of Life Is Strange and...
It's one of those games you just can't talk about for potential spoiler reasons. :)

But I'm enjoying it and I'm becoming very suspicious of a particular character. :paranoid:
And judging by the choice stats it gives you at the end of each episode it seems I'm in a minority. Oh well. :shrug:

I do really like the use of the long musical montage sequences, I don't recall seeing that kind of thing in a video game before and it adds so much meaning and poignancy to every thing that happens.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Nov 2020 09:21 #32102 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
uhm OK, so.... regarding the spoilers.... which one of all your games is this? :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Nov 2020 12:29 - 08 Nov 2020 12:31 #32104 by Valence
The drink delivery was from Skyrim but everything after was all from "Life Is Strange."
And Banj is right, it is very good, even if it is a very different type of game to what I normally play. It's sort of "pointy click" but with lots of story and character.
I usually don't like too many cut scenes in games (Witcher 3 could certainly do with fewer!) mainly because they end up being dialogue dumps of clunky exposition but with this they really are integral and engrossing and beautifully done.

08 Nov 2020 15:24 #32106 by Charlotte
oh duh. You actually mention Life is Strange. I don't think my brain quite followed along, there...

08 Nov 2020 18:16 #32107 by Valence
Yes, it probably wasn't easy to follow, I should have typed it better. :)
I was gonna go straight on to talk about everything that happened but stopped myself when I realised everything I could possibly say would be a spoiler.

I may play a bit more this evening.

08 Nov 2020 18:45 #32110 by Charlotte
Well, I'm pretty sure my brain wouldn't have followed no matter what you'd said... :dry:

08 Nov 2020 21:46 - 08 Nov 2020 21:46 #32113 by Valence
Non spoiler comment...

Couldn't get the photo of the damn squirrel! :pout:

Must try harder on my second play through, but I'll have to let it go for now. :)

11 Nov 2020 20:37 #32176 by Valence
"What... is the music of life?"

Found the Black Door! :excited:

I may know the answer but my character doesn't due to the fact that I'm nowhere near starting that storyline but it was still exciting to find it. :)
Remember that location for later. Much later. :stare:
Attachments:

11 Nov 2020 21:11 #32179 by Charlotte
the music of life huh...? tears and wailing? :silly:

12 Nov 2020 03:24 #32183 by Valence
Played Ark for the first time in a while (been too tired for late night stuff recently) and spent some more time scouting around from above looking for raptors. I got a bit excited when I saw one on its own from a distance causing some havoc but as I swooped closer a whole family of Triceratops ganged up on it and killed it. :eyeroll:
So I flapped some more up the eastern coast and then saw a few more amongst the grass attacking everything so I flew back to my raft and sailed on up for a closer look.
And...
Got one! :excited:

I could have got two as well. :shakefist:
Although there may have been more higher up in that grass a pair of them came down to the beach and started watching me on the raft. I nervously stared back for a while before finding the courage to go ashore and take my chances. This one was a level 6 which I punched to sleep quite quickly but the other one was a 24 and it managed to break away from the bola. It quickly turned to attack me so I continued punching it until it ran away and then I returned to the unconscious one to feed/tame it.
About 30 seconds later the big one circled back and then charged right at me again but I didn't have another bola and couldn't craft another in time so I had to snipe it dead with a single shot of my rifle.
Really would have liked two, especially a high level one like that but I'll make do with what I can get. :)
Attachments: