April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

22 Oct 2020 11:44 #31633 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
There are loads of characters walking around Novigrad that are literally called "Shady Individual" in that generic-naming Witcher way. :)

And even though that particular banker had all his arms and legs it didn't stop some other glitches, including a weird one where a random NPC decided to get involved in a cut scene by sliding backwards into shot in a Moonwalking fashion before disappearing completely. :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2020 13:06 #31634 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:rock:

:D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

22 Oct 2020 16:15 #31637 by Charlotte
Hmm I got a 75% discount on Vampyr on GOG. I think I've looked into that game before... so I bought it.... :dry:
:zombie: (for lack of a fangie)

22 Oct 2020 19:10 #31640 by Valence
I remember thinking that it looked good too, along with the older Vampire: The Masquerade. They both seem to catch my eye when I'm feeling "fangie". :lol:
Still full price on Steam though. :(

I may finally end up buying the Skyrim DLC Dawnguard soon and that's a bit "fangie" too.
I do have the coins for that but I'm a bit wary about finding the right moment to install it mid-game. :S

24 Oct 2020 15:46 #31672 by Charlotte
Been trying out Vampyr... It's OK, I guess, but has a habit of freezing up - my screen goes black and it just stops responding to most commands and I have to restart it. Also I feel a bit like a drunkard when fighting.... swinging my hatchet in every which way and stumbling around... I've got dead several times already. But I guess being a vampire is a good cure for that... The game looks kind of open worldish but is fairly linear - most of the time there's only one way you can go, really. You do get to choose for yourself if you want to feed on people or rats, though... Always something :dry:

24 Oct 2020 16:27 #31673 by Valence
Nothing worse than a drunken vampire. :lol:

I had one of those drunken staggering sessions in Witcher 1 the last time I played.
Had to meditate for an hour.
And then another hour because he was still stumbling about.
And then ANOTHER hour! etc.

Must have been some strong grog. :dry:

24 Oct 2020 17:25 #31674 by Charlotte
oh dear. Well... I just ded again. Stupid skals. My vampire vision showed ONE and suddenly I was surrounded... I got to practice dodging but didn't manage to flee... (And I have to say, for being a creature of the night, I don't really see too well in the dark...)

24 Oct 2020 21:41 - 24 Oct 2020 21:44 #31678 by Valence
Maybe those vampires need more daylight saving time. :lol:

I had a rather loooong session in Skyrim tonight.
As mentioned in my previous episode I'm supposed to be slowly travelling back home to Whiterun after the short stay in Ivarstead and after three hours tonight... I'm still in Ivarstead. :oops:
What can I say? I got a bit sidetracked with everyone wanting to talk to me.
First someone sent me off to deal with a nearby dragon and it was one of those that perches on a tower. :eyeroll:
I like the ones on the ground that I can charge towards and give them the old Big Bash with my two handed sword. :pirate: But the tower ones just flap about high above you, attacking from a distance and forcing you to use archery, which I'm not that great at.
But I tried...

and tried. And died. And tried.
Eventually I hit it enough times to get it to crash to the ground and then I got to finish it off in my more favoured style. :)

Then someone got talking to me about one of those vague legends of old which had something to do with a place over there...

Not the creepy tower, I've cleared that out before from the other side, no there's something on that island, some cave or something, probably with glowy eyed dead folks...

Yeah, just like that! :lol:
Much fighting took place until I finally got to a rather scary and difficult boss!
I thought it'll just be a normal Big Bad Draughr, like the ones I've killed many times before but nooo. This chap was a bit special.
First of all he disappears just as I start to swing my sword! :ohmy: :dunno:
Then he reappears in three different places at once. And then he starts giving me the shout!
And they were much better shouts than mine. :(

First his "Fus Ro Dah!" throws me around like a rag doll. I try to aim my bow at him and his "Zun Haal Viik!" completely disarms me. I bend down to pick up the bow and then he does another "Fus Ro Dah!" to send me AND everything else flying around all over the place!
Where the hell's my bow gone?? :shakefist:
So I'm running around this dark cave, rummaging around on the floor to try and find my weapons again while this disappearing, teleporty, three-places-at-once man is basically shouting me around until I die and die and die.

:dead:
Attachments:

24 Oct 2020 22:00 - 24 Oct 2020 22:32 #31681 by Charlotte
Sounds like fun.
I had a boss fight too. He killed me twice, earlier, so I decided to level up and improve my weapon. Then I went back, killed him, went back up from the sewers to the street and .... mid autosave the dang thing freezes up again. I hope it saved the kill, because I don't want to have to fight him again.... :dry: I'm scared to check and reluctant to save it until tomorrow.

EDIT: In spite of better judgement (since I ought to turn off the computer and get to bed) I opened the game again and PHEW it did save after the kill! So uhm... now would be a good time to quit.... right? :S

EDIT2: Whaaaaat??? Sheesh. Aren't boss fights supposed to give you a suitable reward? There was no loot, and I just noticed that the experience rewarded (which you use to buy skills) was pitiful! This quest better have a great reward at the end :stare:

EDIT3: I just came across another one of those sewer monsters so I'm guessing it wasn't a boss. Online guides did call it a boss, though... and I'm in way over my head. The quest said to go to an area in Whitechapel, and as if that's not ominous enough, the guards there are mostly higher level than me. (and I had another go :p)

24 Oct 2020 22:14 #31682 by Valence
Yes, quit. :stare:

Or have another go! :evil: