May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

30 Oct 2020 11:01 #31840 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I had a little go on Life Is Strange last night and it wasn't quite what I expected. I'd imagined a little more interactivity. At times it felt like I was just walking between cut scenes and making the occasional Important Decision. Perhaps that'll change as you get further beyond the tutorial. :)

I really liked Life is Strange, but it is very much an interactive story (I found the story well written and very engaging though).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2020 11:17 #31843 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Subnautica below zero has released another major update but is apparently not quite ready for the final release yet. It's very tempting to give it a go anyway. :excited:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

31 Oct 2020 02:12 #31876 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Yay, there's a customisable doggie in the Blair Witch. :excited:

You run off into those woods and I shall follow. :stare:

Attachments:

31 Oct 2020 22:39 #31900 by Valence
Thought I'd do a little sneaky side quest in Skyrim before riding off to Falkreath and I decided to do it on my own because I wasn't sure Arissa would like this one and I didn't want to damage our friendship. And it wasn't a big quest anyway so the solo aspect wouldn't matter.
Two hours of fighting later... :dry:

Yes, the guy I met in that shady back corner of an inn neglected to mention the possibility of encountering those massive spiders and apparently forgot all about that mage with better magic than me AND a little army of creatures! :eyeroll:

But I defeated them all in the end, completed the other less fighty part of the quest and then went back to confront that shady guy. :stare:
"What about the spiders? Hm? The army of critters? The mage? And all his deadly attack spells? Why didn't you tell me? Why???"

"Well," he shrugged, "you wouldn't have taken the job if I'd told you."

:shakefist:

31 Oct 2020 23:38 #31904 by Charlotte
:giggle:
He probably wasn't wrong....

01 Nov 2020 15:43 - 01 Nov 2020 15:43 #31931 by Valence
I have now installed Life Is Strange so that I can play it at a normal time instead of relying on late night GFN with no queues. And it runs OK too once you switch off all that performance-killing anti-aliasing stuff. I'm tempted to switch off that blurry, chromatic aberration effect too but I'll bear with it for now as it does seem to suit the art style of the graphics.

01 Nov 2020 21:53 #31948 by Valence

I really liked Life is Strange, but it is very much an interactive story (I found the story well written and very engaging though).

Sooo, did you play straight through the episodes or did you go back through all the different choices at the end of each one?
And do those consequences pass over to the next episode? :hmm:

As you can guess I've just got to the end of episode one and it is very compelling. Reminds me a lot of Donnie Darko. :)

02 Nov 2020 12:57 #31955 by Banj
Play all the way through to the end. Choices do have some effect on how later events take place.I did replay the game straight after completing it to make different choices than the first play through because there was something I really hoped wouldn't go the way it did the first time :cry:

It is a little annoying that you have to go back to the main menu and select a different episode to continue instead of it automatically carrying on though.

07 Nov 2020 14:46 #32087 by Banj

07 Nov 2020 14:56 #32089 by Charlotte
aw mommy dragon is bringing food for her young!
(Ok that was about 2 minutes into the 12... and I can't be bothered. Looks nice, but I'd rather play than listen to someone talk about playing... also, I don't have any play stations of any number, so...)