April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

13 Nov 2020 20:19 - 13 Nov 2020 20:23 #32224 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
A more important question is how that caravan is able to talk :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Nov 2020 20:40 #32225 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

14 Nov 2020 02:58 - 14 Nov 2020 03:00 #32230 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Actually they do have proper little hands when you get close enough...

...but still so small that I have to draw an arrow to point them out. :lol:
And the saddle is done! Yes! Punch the air!

They're pretty fast too. Felt like I was going faster than the raptor but maybe that's an illusion cos of their bigger size. Couldn't resist attacking a few things along the way. Bye bye Dilos. Bye bye Troodon. :evil:

I'm getting quite an army of dinosaurs now. Shame they're all scattered in different places. :dry:
Meanwhile back on peaceful island Life is still "finding a way" with my non-mating Dodos. Two more eggs appeared but I had trouble hatching them cos the temperature was fluctuating between 17C and a whopping 41C! :ohmy:
That was even too hot for me!
It started to settle down towards the end of my hour but my time ran out before they popped out of their shells.
Hopefully I'll have eight dodos next time. :)
Attachments:

14 Nov 2020 20:41 #32236 by Valence
Finally took the risk of installing all the Skyrim DLC tonight. Now I have to fiddle around with the patch.
I think I have to uninstall the Old Unofficial Patch and then install the newer Legendary Patch which combines all the individual patches for the base game AND the DLCs. :stare:

Right, I've got them all in the right order as well now, so here goes.
*loads game*

"This Savegame contains content that's no longer available." :S
"Continue anyway?" Yes, of course. It's probably just a token gesture of a message for when you switch over to the new patch.

And now it crashes. :pout:

Hmm, so maybe I have to keep the old patch installed for the first time I play, then after a save it'll be all right. :idea:

*reinstalls old patch*
*launches game*

"You need to uninstall your old patch as it may damage your game."

OK, OK!

*uninstalls old patch*
*launches game again*

"This Savegame contains content that's no longer available." :facepalm:

*uninstalls NEW patch*
*reinstalls OLD patch*
*plays game*

And now everything's fine. :shrug:

But now I don't have the patches to fix the bugs in the DLC. Perhaps I should install all the individual patches like they used to do before the Legendary Patch.

*goes a-googling*

"Those mods are no longer available. All patches are now combined into the Legendary Patch." :rage:

So I guess I'll have to just continue with the unpatched DLC and hope for the best. :eyeroll:

15 Nov 2020 01:48 #32237 by Charlotte
Patchwork.... :dry:

15 Nov 2020 14:41 #32238 by Valence
After a bit more googling I think I've found a couple of sites that have the individual patches but they're sites I've never heard of. :unsure:
And then when I click I'm offered the choice of downloading via "Krypta" or "Alamo" both of which I've also never heard of.
I'm happy to trust all the downloads I get from Nexusmods but these are sounding increasingly dodgy. :dry:

But I don't need to worry about it now because I have got the game working in a no-longer-crashing, partially-patched way. :)
And I encountered some werewolves in the wild for the first time last night. :ohmy:
And died. :dead:

16 Nov 2020 16:54 #32251 by Charlotte
GOG has a free demo today, called Inkulinati. It's based on the art in medieval manuscripts and seems.... quirky?
I got it, haven't tried it yet. The players are supposed to draw their beasts/armies but with magic ink, so I suspect there are no actual drawing skills involved.

16 Nov 2020 17:25 #32252 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Shame it isn't ancient Greek, then that rabbit could be a Hoplite :whistle:

16 Nov 2020 17:51 #32253 by Charlotte
:blink:

19 Nov 2020 03:17 - 19 Nov 2020 03:19 #32294 by Valence
Finally managed to hatch my two extra Dodos during the night with the help of some standing torches. Meet Dinky and Doodah as they try to escape...

Hmm, think I'd better make a door until they've grown enough for me to pick them up. Two juveniles are harder to babysit than one. (A bit like wizardy cats. :P)

Once I'd locked them in I went exploring on the mainland, first on my Carno as I tried to level up by killing all the nearby Dilophosaurs. He has a good knock-back attack but things get a little awkward when everything gets close to your feet. You have to run around in a circle and come at them again. The Raptor is a little better for the close-in attacks, especially with that pounce move.
Now that I have some predator rides I've been thinking about clearing out all the nasties on that south coast so that I can walk around freely. At the moment all my rides and raft are separated by that Spino and several of those Therizinosaur things that everyone says are deadly even though I haven't seen them do anything but strut around peacefully as I fly above.
Anyway, I took my Pteranodon to have a looky-loo at the Spino through my scope. And, as I zoomed in on it, it started attacking one of the Therizinosaurs! :ohmy:

And right in front of my eye, the big Freddy Krueger giant chicken fought back and killed it!! :ohmy:

I guess they really are deadly.
*keeps away*
At least there's one less Spino to worry about. :dry:
Attachments: