April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

22 Nov 2020 17:03 #32367 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
At this very moment I'm completing the vitally important task of... watching football on TV. :lol:

But I'm sure the equally important job of being inexplicably tired will kick in later. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Nov 2020 18:24 #32371 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming

At this very moment I'm completing the vitally important task of... watching football on TV. :lol:

:dead:

But I'm sure the equally important job of being inexplicably tired will kick in later. :)

Now that I can relate to! :zzz:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

23 Nov 2020 02:25 #32372 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Gaming
I was looking at Elite too, looking forward to a full review when you get that goat issue sorted.
I did download GW2 and I can finally game at full res with all the advanced effects going YAY! It’s a nice looking game for its age and there seems plenty to do, though it does remind me of Star Wars online (at least the part I’ve played so far) but with some nice active dodging and moving.
Enjoying it so far but my wife’s not happy I’m gaming again.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

23 Nov 2020 06:03 #32376 by Charlotte
Just let her try GW2, too :p

23 Nov 2020 12:10 #32377 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Gaming
Unfortunately she hasn’t been a gamer for years and we’ve only got the one pc that will run the game. Nice thought though.
My internet connection went down last night halfway through downloading the game, so I hope it just reconnects at the same point when I boot it up later.
I’m just running round my own pre story part atm but there’s some nice variations in the quests like answering riddles and playing with snow leopards and just before I lost the internet I was having a snowball fight with some children.
My favourite aspect so far is there appears to be no pay to win threshold which what halted my progress on SWTOR.
Fingers crossed!

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

23 Nov 2020 12:17 #32378 by Charlotte
No, I think you mostly pay to get "cooler gadgets", like costumes and gathering equipment (and character slots and bank inventory space).

23 Nov 2020 12:38 #32382 by Valence
It is a pretty game when you crank up the settings. I like the scale of the world too, especially when you get to the big city areas like Divinity's Reach. :)

23 Nov 2020 20:35 - 23 Nov 2020 20:39 #32406 by Valence
What the hell is a Chaurus Reaper?? :eek:

I previously said that I don't really have time to start the big quest that I've commited to in Skyrim but that didn't stop me having a little explore around the area in the mean time. (That is one of the things I love about the game. You can play it for 3+ hours doing an epic adventure mission or you can also just spend 15 minutes exploring or doing small jobs. There's always something to do however long you've got.) So I spent a few minutes becoming acquainted with the swampy lands just south of Solitude (still not going to Solitude yet either. Those stories can wait for much later.)
I found a couple of Vigilants Of Stendarr staring at something in the distance. They're usually in threes so maybe they'd lost their friend. No time to help them though so let's move on. Past a little shack; is that Meeko's Shack? It is! :excited: But I'm not doing that today either. I'll just amble on through the swamp while Arissa makes jokes about how much I smell. :stare:
And now the music changes and I hear her taking out her big axe. Fight time! :pirate:
Naughty big spider.
And another.
And another.

Kill them all but the music's still playing. There's something else around here. Difficult to see with the swampy mist and the creepy trees. Ah, there it is. Let's go and-
I'm poisoned.
I'm dead.

Chaurus Reaper said the little text. I died before I could even take a screenshot. In those few frames before death it looked a bit insecty. Scorpiony. Centipedish?

Probably time to google. :)

25 Nov 2020 02:54 - 25 Nov 2020 02:54 #32424 by Valence
Yay, Elite Dangerous is now playable for me.

Well, it will be when I eventually sort out that account linking thing. :dry:

*later*

Yay, Elite Dangerous is now playable for me.

What the hell? :blink:

This is ...erm... difficult. :unsure:

I seem to be stuck on the... tutorial. :oops:
Attachments:

25 Nov 2020 07:00 #32425 by Charlotte
:giggle:

Well, I hope to get around trying in a few days (the Aywas Aymas deadline is on the 27th and I'd like to get some more stuff done until then)