April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

12 Nov 2020 08:22 #32184 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:ohmy: You survived a level 24 raptor!? *is impressed*
and congrats on your new horse! :D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Nov 2020 12:34 #32187 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Would have tamed it too if I'd had just one more bola.

Bolas are definitely the way to deal with Raptors. :aha:

Nice and quick to ride when you hold down shift but they do run out of stamina quickly so I may be levelling that up.

12 Nov 2020 20:02 #32199 by Charlotte
soo.... I started playing candy crush on my phone today... :dry:
It's surprisingly addictive for a game that does most of the work all by itself... I had one level where it literally kept going for a minute or two after I had made my last move... (I wish one could turn off the "visual nudging" that keeps showing one available move, though. As I do with all match three games...)

12 Nov 2020 20:56 #32201 by Valence
I think I may have played that one for a short time a few years back. Those were the days when all mobile games kept asking you to like things on facebook in order to progress. And that was the time I gave up on them all. :P

12 Nov 2020 21:04 #32203 by Charlotte
yeah, it did want me to connect to my fb account, but other than that it's been decently quiet. Unless you count all the plings and plongs and "tasty" "delicious" and so on, sound effects... I remember my sister in law posting candy crush notices all the time, but it seems those game notices have almost entirely disappeared.... or maybe I blocked them? :hmm:

12 Nov 2020 21:15 #32204 by Valence

yeah, it did want me to connect to my fb account...

Yep, that's the kind of thing I avoided. :)

Just been looking on my tablet to see what old mobile games I still have installed... Fruit Ninja, Doodle Jump, Temple Run 2, Agent Dash... I remember enjoying Cut The Rope too but I must have completed that cos it's not there anymore.

12 Nov 2020 21:38 #32205 by Charlotte
I don't think I had to connect to fb. it was just easier to go with that than creating a new account...

13 Nov 2020 03:16 - 13 Nov 2020 03:22 #32206 by Valence
I was feeling a bit confident after nabbing that raptor so... I went after that Carno further into the cove. :unsure:
Obviously they're too big for the bola trick so I started making some tranq darts for the rifle. My plan was to shoot it from a very long distance but when you load in the darts you can no longer use the scope! :pout:
So the plan would have to be to shoot it from a not-quite-as-long distance.
I flapped over there and began to look for my shooty position and the heavens opened and dumped a rain storm on me. Forget about seeing the target, I could barely see a metre in front of me. :eyeroll:
In the meantime I set down next to the Stegos and that Armadillo thing and patiently waited....

:whistle:

Finally the mist and murk cleared away so I flew off in search of the Carno... and there it was attacking some Dilos. I went up to some high rocks but they were a little too far away to aim properly. Went further back and tried to take a line of sight at ground level from behind some trees but there was lots of foliage in the way so it was gonna have to be some shots right down there from the beach. Not ideal but I should be able to escape if it goes wrong.
I took aim and fired...
And fired...
Hmm, these Tranq Darts are not quite as accurate as bullets over this distance.
Another.... And another... Good job I made a few of them. :dry:
Then he wandered around a bit and got a little closer.
I pulled the trigger... and the music changed. :argh:
I hit him and he's running towards me in that pant-pooping way.
Quick! Reload and get another shot off!
Fired another one vaguely in the right direction but the music's still playing so let's abandon this idea. I turned and ran for the Pteranodon, jumped on him from quite the distance and flapped as hard as I could with Shift pressed waaay down.
Once in the air and safe I circled back to look for it chasing me below and couldn't see it. But over there, back by that tree, there was the Carno unconscious! That second shot must have done the trick! :excited:
So after a bit of feeding and punching and waiting I now have a Carno too.
Meet Carny Ken...

Don't have a saddle yet. Gonna have to collect quite a few resources first and may have to sacrifice a couple of Stegos from my island. :shrug:
Attachments:

13 Nov 2020 11:03 #32207 by Charlotte
Hello Ken! :)

13 Nov 2020 12:22 #32209 by Valence
They have funny little "arms". I never really had chance to notice that when they were killing me. :dry: