April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

19 Nov 2020 22:03 #32319 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Remember that new Skyrim Horsey that likes to get involved with fights?
It continues to attack dragons too! :blink:

What a great idea, horsey. What could possibly go wrong? :dry:
Anyway I managed to kill it before disaster struck, even got a dragon killcam move, which was exciting, but couldn't get a screenshot cos a tree was in the way. :eyeroll:
Then just as I was absorbing the dragon soul I head a screeching roar overhead.
What?
There's another one? :eek:

Just stay out of it, horsey! :stare:

And away from Skyrim I claimed Elite: Dangerous from Epic. :rock:
May have a play around with it later tonight if tiredness permits.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Nov 2020 02:31 #32320 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Gaming
*Coming to you from my new PC*
Which looks lovely but there's absolutely nothing on it yet - apart from 80% of ART Rage right now

I'm looking for a new RPG game and I'm thinking Guild Wars 2 but I'm open to suggestions.

FTP if possible but I may spend a few quid next month - what should I be looking at guys n gals?

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

20 Nov 2020 03:28 - 20 Nov 2020 03:46 #32321 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
well I still root for GW2, even though it was ages since I really played it :p

EDIT: This reminded me that I needed to login to unlock the latest story update thingy.... and when I did, my oldest character got a 7th birthday present. (I nearly didn't bother accepting it because it's been the same thing for every character every birthday, and mostly things I have no use for, but this time it was some really fancy stuff. A complete set of armour (choice of light, medium or heavy), and some other stuff. I got some account wide stuff too so I'm not sure which was for the birthday and which was for my account logging in, but it all seemed cool. and a bit overwhelming so I didn't "unpack" anything... :dry:

Oh and installing Elite: Dangerous, now. (And not sleeping, no... The cats make such strange sounds whenever I start nodding off... scratching things, licking things, knocking things over...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

20 Nov 2020 12:43 - 20 Nov 2020 12:45 #32323 by Valence
I may have claimed Elite: Dangerous but it hasn't appeared on GFN yet so I'll have to wait to play it. I ended up having a late session on Assassins Creed Syndicate where I've levelled up to the point where I'm now allowed to wear all the other outfits that I've been collecting. :)

And Guild Wars 2 is probably the best free to play RPG for your "money". I haven't played it much since I started dying a lot in Kessex Hills. I kinda wish it had more story/NPCs but unlike a lot of MMOs it's fair and not one of those pay-to-win games, the landscape is fun to explore and the big events are quite exciting.
Star Trek Online is free these days as is Star Wars The Old Republic if you prefer scifi settings.

If you're already counting your coins then the Christmas/Winter sale on Steam will be coming next month so you'll be able to pick up some cheapies there. And all the Witcher games are usually on sale every few weeks anyway.

Other than that, just keep your eye out for the Epic givaways every Thursday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

20 Nov 2020 12:49 #32324 by Charlotte
Keep in mind that Val is mostly dying in Kessex Hills because he has a tendency to explore beyond his level.... Or he might be stood in the range of a trebuchet, I guess... :dry:

20 Nov 2020 14:53 #32325 by Valence

...he has a tendency to explore beyond his level

He does. He really does. :oops:

Also, while we're mentioning free to play stuff, lots of people seem to be talking about Genshin Impact at the moment. It apparently does have way too much "in-game payments" (that's one of the reasons I stopped playing the not-quite-free Black Desert Online too) but that doesn't seem to stop it being popular.

22 Nov 2020 15:11 #32360 by Valence

Oh and installing Elite: Dangerous, now....

Have you had a go on it yet?
I'm STILL waiting for it to appear on GFN. :dry:

22 Nov 2020 15:15 - 22 Nov 2020 15:21 #32362 by Charlotte
No, I've tried to focus on drawing/painting for Aywas when Gandalf hasn't been on my tablet. So no gaming. (Almost none - I do have a zoo game where I really don't need to do much, which I've kept open the past few days...)

EDIT: I am trying to breed a "level 3 goat" in that game, though. And I have now had 4 successful breedings, giving me a total of 4 level 2 MALE goats. Can I PLEASE get a girl goat soon???

22 Nov 2020 15:30 #32365 by Valence
Life, uh, finds a way. :dry:

I too haven't had as much time for gaming recently (nor painting either. I don't think I'll be able to get anything done for the challenge this month. :()

So I'm still on episode 4 of Life Is Strange, still at a point of almost starting a big exploring quest in Skyrim and still trapped by Therizinosaurs in Ark.

And still waiting for Elite Dangerous. :P

22 Nov 2020 15:57 #32366 by Charlotte
So what ARE you doing? Besides waiting on doing other stuff?