May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

19 Aug 2020 12:13 #30680 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
It is annoying that one can only have one character at a time... I mean, if I want to just try something, I'd have to either sacrifice what I've accomplished or take risks with what I've accomplished... Not that I should complain. I still haven't played for ages.

Maybe I shouldn't always mute or almost mute the music? I seem to always be attacked by pirhanas if I step in the water. But I guess it'd be good for warning for other dangers too. If I paid attention.... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2020 12:49 #30681 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Stay out of the water.

19 Aug 2020 13:20 #30683 by Charlotte
yes, yes, yes.... no drinking, no bathing and no going north.

19 Aug 2020 16:27 #30684 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

It is annoying that one can only have one character at a time... I mean, if I want to just try something, I'd have to either sacrifice what I've accomplished or take risks with what I've accomplished... Not that I should complain. I still haven't played for ages.

That's why people back-up their saves and manage them manually but obviously I can't do that with the cloud-streaming thing. And I'm not quite sure what folder the Epic saves are stored in anyway. I know where the Steam ones are but can't help you with the Epic ones. :shrug:

19 Aug 2020 16:31 #30685 by Charlotte
I wouldn't even know where to begin to do it manually anyhow.

19 Aug 2020 18:00 #30686 by Valence
You just find the folder where the save games are located and copy the necessary files somewhere else. Then when your game goes wrong you copy the files back into the original folder and your "old" save games are back.
Theoretically. :dry:

And people apparently create multiple characters that way too but you have to be able to remember which copied files are for which character. It'd be much better if the game just did it all for you like it should. :stare:

19 Aug 2020 18:28 #30689 by Charlotte
Yeah! :pirate:

20 Aug 2020 01:32 #30690 by Valence
Ouch!
Remnant is tough (for me at least. Banj would probably finish it in a day. :eyeroll:)
I've given up trying to kill the big thing with the big metal swinging thing and instead I sneaked along another path and found an underground checkpoint! Yay. Perhaps I was supposed to go that way in the first place.
So now I'm creeping through underground passages and getting killed by more teleporty ranged shooter things that are bigger and even harder than that last one as well as a horde of bloated blowing up thingies that also give me Root Rot. But I do have something that helps with that in my inventory.
Still doesn't stop me from dying though. :dry:

Is it too soon for Easy Mode? :unsure:

20 Aug 2020 07:32 #30694 by Charlotte
There is no easy mode! I checked... It goes from normal up to apocalyptic or something like that, but not down to easy...

I'm back to playing Subnautica. I felt like something colourful and relatively safe :p

20 Aug 2020 13:27 #30695 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I say stay out of the water and you go into the deepest water there is :eyeroll: