March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

08 Aug 2020 17:40 #30561 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
In my gaming library I now have two Watch Dogs watching my Sleeping Dogs. :lol:

Too. Many. Dogs. :stare:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Aug 2020 18:44 #30562 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
101 dalmatians. =D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Aug 2020 20:12 - 10 Aug 2020 11:45 #30564 by Valence
I have finally arrived in Riften...

Too many big spiders on the way there though. Not a fan of the spiders. :nope:
And at one point I got attacked by two bears AND two spiders at the same time! :shakefist:
AND there was a pair of those weird green-vomity people.

But on a less gross and violent note I found a couple of little village places along the way that I didn't know were there, avoided a big bandit hideout and came across a watchtower where everyone had already been killed.
Seems like the big war is a little closer to home down here. :dry:
Anyway, looted the bodies and got myself one of those nice purple guard outfits. :)

EDIT:
Plus a bit of Kung Fu before bed. Left a load of bodies behind me and picked up some groceries too. Shopping can be quite dangerous in these times. :dry:

But at least I've got a bike to escape on now. :)

Attachments:

11 Aug 2020 00:35 - 11 Aug 2020 00:50 #30583 by Valence
I'm sat here before bed trying to play Ark but Epic Games won't let me log in. :angry:
Pesky server issues. :shakefist:

EDIT: Status page says it's been fixed. Wish me luck...

EDIT 2: Ah, yes. "Fixed". It's been... "fixed". :eyeroll:

*goes off to play something from another store*

11 Aug 2020 07:13 #30585 by Charlotte
:dry: you mean neutered? :dumb:
I played Aven Colony for far too long yesterday. I can'r recall if it's from GOG or Epic but since I moved it to the external drive I just open the exe file (it's no longer connected to whichever game launcher)

(ARK on the other hand, was installed on the external drive from the start so the launcher knows where it's at. And I haven't seen a separate exe file for it, so I need the launcher anyyway...)

11 Aug 2020 11:25 #30586 by Valence
The only game I can run without a launcher is Morrowind (oh, and I do still have some old Star Wars games that require you to put in the disc! :argh:)
Most of my games actually use TWO launchers! Assassin's Creed 2 needs Uplay and Steam, GTA V needs Rockstar and Epic, LA Noire needs Rockstar and Steam, and then there are the Geforce Now games that need the GFN launcher as well, and with them you have to login manually every time plus the obligatory email check for the 2FA code. :eyeroll:

Just let me play the damn game! :shakefist:

11 Aug 2020 12:35 #30587 by Charlotte
:dry: Maybe you should choose other games...

12 Aug 2020 02:11 - 12 Aug 2020 02:13 #30595 by Valence
Yay, the login is working today so... Ark! :woohoo:

Made myself a shield...

Hmm, that looks like a biggish thing across the water at the back. Carno? Whatever you are, you just stay over there out of the way. (Spoiler: It was attacking everything on that island later but thankfully didn't want to swim over to me. Phew. :S)

Anyway my plan today was Trilobite hunting. Need to stock up on chitin (which I always mispronounce in my head. :lol:) for when I eventually make a Pteranodon saddle. Previously when sailing for unfindable metal I came across an area where there was absolutely loads of them scuttling around. So I sailed back there and found... not very many of them. No trilobites at all. They were having a party here last time. Where the hell have they all gone?
Oh wait. There's one. *shoots arrows*
And another! *more arrows*

So that's a grand total of two.
Not exactly what I'd hoped for but adding that to the one I caught last time that gives me about 60+ chitin. Short of what I need but it's a start. And with my 1 hour running out I'll return home and store everything for later. Sail onwards! :pirate:
But not too close to that inquisitive Brontosaurus!

Yes, just keep away, you very large, potentially raft-endangering thing.
Stay to the left! TO THE LEFT! :stare:

Attachments:

12 Aug 2020 09:13 #30599 by Charlotte
Is there a reason for your ONE piece of thatch floor? :dry:

12 Aug 2020 11:45 - 12 Aug 2020 11:46 #30601 by Valence
Looks so stylish, doesn't it?
A magnificent example of modern interior design. Next year every home will have that incongruous thatch square in the floor. :lol:

That was the first bit of floor I put down and then I changed my mind and tried out the wooden floor. I didn't really know what I was doing and was just testing how things would fit together and working out how much resources it would take.
I was gonna switch it out with a wooden one at the end but got distracted by my failure to extend it wider. I wanted one more square either side but couldn't get them to attach. (I later learned that I should have done that bit with ceilings, not floors, but by that time I'd already put in the walls and the storage box. :eyeroll:)

At some point I might try and rebuild the whole thing using a more coherent plan/design but until then I think that the thatch square will continue to be visual reminder of my shambolic construction skills. :)