May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

21 Aug 2020 14:03 #30712 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I take that back... I see now it's a gameplay trailer and not a movie one :P
But no, I didn't find a monkey.

I did find one of those cuddlefish eggs though, but that was yesterday and not just outside my base.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Aug 2020 16:22 - 21 Aug 2020 16:24 #30713 by Charlotte
*dum-de-dum-dee*
*waits for G to be done with his on-arm nap*

21 Aug 2020 18:11 #30717 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Is your arm dead yet? :dead:

21 Aug 2020 18:26 #30718 by Charlotte
It fell asleep so I awoke the cat and went for a shower. Apparently I sat back down just in time for another nap...

21 Aug 2020 19:40 #30719 by Valence
Expected and understandable. :lol:

I've just had some more adventures with multiple game launchers. While attempting to play GTA V, Epic's 2FA issues just logged me out of Rockstar"s launcher (which needed updating AGAIN) and therefore also logged me out of Rockstar's Social Club, but I was still logged in to Epic ironically.
So after eventually remembering numerous passwords I was then faced once more with that glorious challenge of.... click all the traffic lights. Then the fire hydrants. The crosswalks. The motorbike (that was a new one.) Then traffic lights again. Crosswalks (where there were no crosswalks.) And then one more set of traffic lights.
And I'm logged in again. :woohoo:
I can actually start playing a game again even though I don't have much time left to play it. :dry:

21 Aug 2020 20:01 #30721 by Charlotte
There's a decided, if old-fashioned, charm in games stored on your own computer, not needing any online services to function... :dry:

21 Aug 2020 20:18 #30722 by Valence
GoG says hello. :)

I think I only have three freebies from GoG. The last one being one of those Hitman things. Which reminds me... I think I saw that one of the more recent Hitman games is being given away next week at Epic. This week's freebies didn't really interest me at all. :shrug:

21 Aug 2020 21:42 #30725 by Charlotte
GOG isn't as generous with freebies as Epic, though they do seem to have sales pretty much all the time.

I have FINALLY found the second half of the propulsion cannon blueprint. The propulsion cannon comes in handy on the wreckage of Aurora, so I haven't been able to go there and put a stop to that annoying radiation leak. However, the trip to Aurora takes a while, so it'll have to wait... I think I'll have some TNG before bed.

22 Aug 2020 00:59 - 22 Aug 2020 00:59 #30726 by Valence
Yay, I've got one!

Only a level 4 beastie (that one I almost got the other day was 13!) but it's a start. Thankfully there were no raptors around but I did have to kill three Dilophosaurs that were prowling around and I did the taming at night which was a tad scary. My plan was: Punch, punch, punch. Then run back to the safety of my raft. Run in and punch a bit more, then back to the raft. etc. Cowardly but effective. :lol:

So I have the wings, I have the resources for the saddle. I now just have to level up three times to access the engram. :dry:
Attachments:

22 Aug 2020 11:59 - 22 Aug 2020 13:31 #30727 by Charlotte
Yay! The carry-all mod has been updated and works again! :woohoo:
(At least i hope it works, I just installed it and haven't played yet.)

Yesterday evening I prepared for my trip to the Aurora. Laser cutter? check. Propulsion cannon? check. Radiation protection? check. Med kits? check. So today I arrive at the Aurora, and it's the middle of the night, pitch black.... and my flashlight runs out of battery. :blink: Did I pack extra batteries? No, because I know there are a million of them aboard the Aurora. Somewhat later my repair tool runs out of battery too. (By this time I had a fresh supply, but it BUGS me that I thought I was prepared and didn't think to check how much battery power the various tools had...) And it wasn't until I reached the carry-alls that I realised I didn't have the "carry filled carry-alls mods" anymore. So I had to pop by Nexus Mods to see if there was a new version to work with the late updates. So relieved there was. I hate having to run back and forth between the ship's innards and my seamoth and then decide what I can't bring back with me (as I prefer not to make two trips due to that pesky reaper in the area). Anyway, making some lunch now, so the Aurora has to wait.

Congrats on your new pet, Val! :)

Edit: The mod worked after moving a folder from a folder that apparently wasn't supposed to be included so why was it there? :dunno:
(That is, the extracted mod folder wasn't the actual mod folder but contained the mod folder....)