April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

17 Aug 2020 01:04 #30656 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry:
I tried it too now. Might as well stay up while it's not unbearably hot in here. And I liked the bouncy curls too :) But the roots are scary. I think I might have nightmares now.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Aug 2020 01:38 #30657 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Yay, managed to login again. :eyeroll:

Yes, those roots are a bit scary, aren't they? :eek:

Once you get out in the world it feels a little bit more like a more actiony version of a Fallout game.
Annoyingly I died just before I could reach that next checkpoint behind the gate and I'm now slightly regretting not going for the character option that seemed to have more armour and better weapons.
But that cowboy-style hat just looked sooo cool! :woohoo:

Attachments:

17 Aug 2020 08:47 #30658 by Charlotte
I went for the ranger type (with helmet hidden so I can see my face and curls!) - but I'm not sure how to tell the game which weapon to use so I'm still attacking with sword... :dry: - Also I stopped playing when I had activated that crystal, so I haven't left the initial area yet.

17 Aug 2020 11:10 #30659 by Valence
It's the crystals that act as checkpoints so after dying I'm back at that point too. :)

Just clicking the left mouse on its own will always use the swordy thing. To use the guns you hold the right mouse to aim and then shoot with the left. You can switch between guns by flicking the mouse wheel, and maybe by pressing X if I remember correctly?

17 Aug 2020 11:15 #30660 by Charlotte
well the game told me other stuff, why didn't it mention that? Or maybe it did at one of those points when you got multiple info boxes and continued dialogue and some more stuff all at once...

I know I accidentally switched guns (while not in combat) at some point. I think I accidentally touched the tablet's "mouse wheel" thingy...

I'm guessing the pieces of scrap metal you can pick up after a fight, are the currency? I certainly have no scrap in my inventory....

:dead: I wish it wasn't so dang warm....

17 Aug 2020 11:32 #30661 by Valence
The scrap may be for weapon upgrades if you go back to talk to Rigs again or that snarky girl.

Meanwhile, I've just checked my email and all those 2FA codes that Epic failed to send last night have finally arrived! :eyeroll:

17 Aug 2020 11:43 #30662 by Charlotte
I don't think so... I got 4 metal (iron) just before going to Rigs and that's what was used for the upgrade. I had collected scrap before then. And I do have 56 of whatever currency they do use.

17 Aug 2020 12:00 #30663 by Valence
I wasn't entirely sure about that currency thing. I don't even know where that original 150 came from and I was a bit annoyed that I had to hand ALL of it over to Rigs for the obligatory upgrade quest.
I like to save all my currency in these games, wherever the hell is comes from. :P

17 Aug 2020 12:03 #30664 by Charlotte
ooooh wait.... When I got the iron bits, I also got 150 of what i thought was scrap metal.... so... The upgrade took both scrap and iron, then.... and my 56 comes from the kills.... They appeared like small yellow "flames" on the floor after the baddies were gone. Did you see them/pick any up?

17 Aug 2020 13:31 #30665 by Valence
I have been trying to pick up all those flamey things but I'm not quite sure what they are. I think I also got a bit more ammo from picking something up somewhere.
Because of all the hectic shooting and fearful dread of peeking round corners for the baddies that you can already hear I haven't really had a moment to check on what it is I'm collecting and where it's going. :lol:
Maybe after the next checkpoint I'll rummage through the inventory and work it all out.